dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

From Amazon:

About the Author
Over the past two decades, Barry Phillips, affectionately known as Barry the Book, has managed 'Knowledge is King' - a family-owned business supplying personal development, motivational and training books and CDs to over a million customers worldwide through mail order and at numerous live events in the UK. Through his personal journey, meetings and talking to some of the world's top speakers and trainers, he has collected hundreds of 'Life Changing Quotes' that have inspired both him and thousands of others to become inspired and to embrace change in their lives. This second edition of his book has quadrupled in size and is designed to help you unlock the genius within.
Is this Dundeebarrys or Jockys alterego ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Amazon:

About the Author
Over the past two decades, Barry Phillips, affectionately known as Barry the Book, has managed 'Knowledge is King' - a family-owned business supplying personal development, motivational and training books and CDs to over a million customers worldwide through mail order and at numerous live events in the UK. Through his personal journey, meetings and talking to some of the world's top speakers and trainers, he has collected hundreds of 'Life Changing Quotes' that have inspired both him and thousands of others to become inspired and to embrace change in their lives. This second edition of his book has quadrupled in size and is designed to help you unlock the genius within.

Aye noted that as well. How many P&Bers have now been sucked into buying "Life Changing Quotes" because they thought it was the follow up to The Tartan Special One?

I think Our Barry Phillips should have adopted "The Real Barry Phillips" nom de plume to have avoided any confusion.

From Amazon: About the Author

Life changing quote: Wha's in cherge here"

CEOs throughout the world will be using this. It's a war cry for leaders everywhere.

I had no doubts the book would be teckle but really didn't think it would pull me in as much as the blog did but somehow you've pulled it off Barry.

Some real belly chuckles and a lot of heart in the book too, really hope that this can become a series.

Was actually quite sad to reach the end. I'm sure if the real Dundee FC was like that we'd all be in the Derry every second week.

I had no doubts the book would be teckle but really didn't think it would pull me in as much as the blog did but somehow you've pulled it off Barry.

Some real belly chuckles and a lot of heart in the book too, really hope that this can become a series.

Was actually quite sad to reach the end. I'm sure if the real Dundee FC was like that we'd all be in the Derry every second week.

Fnarr!!

I'm getting my copy the morra, positively dripping at the thought.

Teckle! Who's he on with?

I believe it's Mark Wotte, as was meant to be the case last time round.

Cheers Loons!

My copy arrived today. Might nip into asda on the way home to pick up a 4 pack of tartan special to drink while im reading it. TECKLETASTIC

Probably best approached with a pot of stovies on the go and no top on, Philpy. Enjoy, cunto.

Must say I loved the personal letter too. In mine Jocky gave a tombstone piledriver to a 10 year old. Getting wee laddies that get wide telt!

Everybody else appreciate their letter?

I was much relieved to find out that should I ever need to claim political exile and find myself a hide out, there will be a good pint of Special on tap and Jocky will be there to look out for me.

Finished the book today. Didn't want it to end.

There was some brilliantly funny parts to the story. Well worth the cash, hopefully there's another book in the pipeline...

Must say I loved the personal letter too. In mine Jocky gave a tombstone piledriver to a 10 year old. Getting wee laddies that get wide telt!

Everybody else appreciate their letter?

It told me that Jocky was down in Wales once and fired off his jet propelled sperm a bit too freely. Turns out there's a fair chance he could be my real Dad! Letter's burnt, therapist engaged to purge my memory of reading it. I love my pretendy Dad to much to accuse my (understandable in the circumstances) slag of a Mum of anything.

Halfway through it. Fucking brilliant stuff. Finding myself sniggering at work in the afternoon as I think back to what I've read at lunchtime, causing a few weird looks. Top work Barry. Are you writing the "difficult" second book or whit?

Archived