The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's harmless and good fun. A few years ago, I ended up joining PB's 'Alan Partridge' forum, which was extremely surreal but amusing at the same time! It's a shame that site no longer exists, as it would have been interesting to see a few of the discussions once again...

It's great to see him back on P&B, and I would have probably included him in my own top ten. Well deserved place in the Top 50!

That forum was bad for the brain. I was banned from here at the time it was active so visited it quite often, trying to find out who was an alias of who, what was serious discussion and what was "troll" was incredibly time consuming. Very fun site though

And I'm glad both Biggie and PB made the list, although the way this list has gone so far I'm a bit worried about their "low" placings, as I get the feeling a shite poster or two will be undeservedly ahead of them

When I learned that I was 21st two things instantly flagged up. Birthdays, and gears on a typically awful bike. Two emotions that couldn't be further apart (on the spectrum of emotions(clarity))

Am I happy with the result? No.

Will I accept it ? Possibly.

Will I ask my self probing questions with a view to cracking the top 20? Most definitely.

In keeping with some other posters I would like to thank a few people/places.

Firstly, Perth and the surrounding Shire. To wake up in sure tranquil bliss makes me a very lucky man, perhaps I don't state it enough as I'm a very private person but It's a great place. Next I will mention Eric, who sadly isn't allowed to post on the forum do to the very strict: 'one in, one out' policy administered by the Falkirk based moderators. Bit nasty IMO.

Last, and most certainly least, I would like to thank Marshy for the excellent write up, the appropriate use of punctuation and to remind him that he still owes me £15 for Diabetes UK as he's still not squared me for the EMF 5K I completed five months back. You can block me on pm's mate but I will track you down, and I know people if you get my drift.

That forum was bad for the brain. I was banned from here at the time it was active so visited it quite often, trying to find out who was an alias of who, what was serious discussion and what was "troll" was incredibly time consuming. Very fun site though

I probably had you marked down as an alias at the time! It was very hard to tell whether I was in a group discussion, or having a four-way debate with just one person...

However, I suspect that the secrets of that forum will forever remain a mystery...

I probably had you marked down as an alias at the time! It was very hard to tell whether I was in a group discussion, or having a four-way debate with just one person...

However, I suspect that the secrets of that forum will forever remain a mystery...

:lol: I didn't post all that much due to that very reason. I do vaguely recall seeing your username and wondering if it was actually you or not

And yeah, its a shame in a way, as some of the conversations had me in tears

I've always gone with 'remember' !

In real life I say 'if I remember correctly' quite a lot but I never say 'if I recall correctly' !

google kinda backs that phrase up ..

'if I remember correctly' = 179m results

'if I recall correctly' = 60m results

Get with the times grandad! IRL (in real life), I say aye aye arrr see.

Archived