The 50 Best Posters in P&B History

Marshmallo

Guest The Phoenix

Stop making the assumption everyone else's lives are as affected by P&B as yours is.

The truest sentence ever typed in the history of P&B.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya.1st time back on since Friday afternoon. Been too busy/hungover to visit the site. You went tonto at me, backed down when Nizzy said exactly as I did and started to state the matter resolved when Mr X had removed your posts about Naxis and pakis. Poor show. In my book you shat it there (when another mod stepped in, given your personal problems towards me).You officially shat it in the most public manner when Radford told you that you were next (despite nobody knowing what had happened at that time.If someone hasn't responded to a question you pose on this site its probably because they have stuff on. Stop making the assumption everyone else's lives are as affected by P&B as yours is.

Right you are. I had no idea I had any post removed until you just told me, but nizzy and mr x did not state exactly what you did. They resolved the issue, you did not. You made a mess of it, which is why I continued to make my point.

As for radford, I suggest you ask radford about any communication with me at the same time. Clearly it was not a serious threat.

It is interesting that your definition of "shat it" basically means "considered question answered". Were you one of those people who never asked any questions in school? That would make sense. Also, no reference to "shat it" before the night? Nothing in the afternoon? You're just trying to retrospectively deflect away from the woeful job you do as a mod.

Right you are. I had no idea I had any post removed until you just told me, but nizzy and mr x did not state exactly what you did. They resolved the issue, you did not. You made a mess of it, which is why I continued to make my point.

As for radford, I suggest you ask radford about any communication with me at the same time. Clearly it was not a serious threat.

It is interesting that your definition of "shat it" basically means "considered question answered". Were you one of those people who never asked any questions in school? That would make sense. Also, no reference to "shat it" before the night? Nothing in the afternoon? You're just trying to retrospectively deflect away from the woeful job you do as a mod.

wonder_woman_xlarge.gif

Swampy is a massive loss to this site, as is VT (when he's posting as a human). :(

Nobody leaving the site could be considered a massive loss.

The site will run as normal, other good posters will continue to post and there'll be no impact whatsoever.

So can we quit with this knicker-wetting "massive loss" shite?

Nobody leaving the site could be considered a massive loss. The site will run as normal, other good posters will continue to post and there'll be no impact whatsoever. So can we quit with this knicker-wetting "massive loss" shite?

The site is worse for them getting punted, same with Mak and Lexi Collector. Those four were amongst my favourites in GN.

xbl, on 22 Nov 2013 - 13:26, said:

Ah yes, Survivor 6, another example of when I was proved right. Did Ludo ever produce that detailed report and host summary which he said that he would, which happened every game, which no other host could remember? No he did not. Just as I predicted. I got it right, Ludo killed the franchise.

On this issue, I'm just interested in the timescale. It appears that I "shat it" at a precise point...but nobody seems to be able to identify precisely when. Thundermonkey is making big claims, but has quietly skulked away when confronted with evidence.

Just noticed this. You mean the point where you tried to cheat at a game on the internet then proceeded to go on a tear soaked rampage as I said it was not allowed? And, because you were not allowed to cheat, it killed the franchise?

I like you Xbl, but you definitely shat it from Radford.

Nobody leaving the site could be considered a massive loss. The site will run as normal, other good posters will continue to post and there'll be no impact whatsoever. So can we quit with this knicker-wetting "massive loss" shite?

It isn't just the posters themselves who are a massive loss though. When you have the mod just banning people on the whim, then it creates a climate of fear and uncertainty. What did they say to get banned? Even the mods don't know. How can we avoid falling into the same trap? Who knows?

And for contributions, Swampy and VT (when he posts like a human) are intelligent, interesting posters, who make insightful and well thought out contributions. In addition, Swampy is part of that rare breed that is willing to engage and admit if he feels he got something wrong. Like it or not, those two are the sort of posters that people look out for, and who add excitement and sparkle, but through the strength of their contributions, not just for the style of their posts (again, for VT, when he posts like a human).

So I think its a big loss, and I think that Div refusing to even explain it reflects very badly on the site.

Just noticed this. You mean the point where you tried to cheat at a game on the internet then proceeded to go on a tear soaked rampage as I said it was not allowed? And, because you were not allowed to cheat, it killed the franchise?

I like you Xbl, but you definitely shat it from Radford.

No, although it was something that was only defined as cheating in this game and never previously, I disagreed with your interpretation, but that was the game, no problem there. No, my problem was with your lies. You were the most dishonest host we've ever had, and your revealing details of individual players was a disgrace. Furthermore, your defence was that the host always revealed stuff like that after the game, which more than one host clarified that they never did. And did you? You did not. You ran away from your own game. And the result? You killed the franchise, well done.

It isn't just the posters themselves who are a massive loss though. When you have the mod just banning people on the whim, then it creates a climate of fear and uncertainty. What did they say to get banned? Even the mods don't know. How can we avoid falling into the same trap? Who knows?And for contributions, Swampy and VT (when he posts like a human) are intelligent, interesting posters, who make insightful and well thought out contributions. In addition, Swampy is part of that rare breed that is willing to engage and admit if he feels he got something wrong. Like it or not, those two are the sort of posters that people look out for, and who add excitement and sparkle, but through the strength of their contributions, not just for the style of their posts (again, for VT, when he posts like a human).So I think its a big loss, and I think that Div refusing to even explain it reflects very badly on the site.

I think you're at it what with writing stuff like "creates a climate of fear and uncertainty."

Why should Div have to explain anything? If someone came in to your work and started questioning employees decisions to the extent that the gaffer told them to GTFO would you then ask him why he'd done so or would you realise that it was justified on the basis of said person acting like a fanny?

Simplified, this is Div's site. He decides who stays and who leaves.

Don't like it, don't come back.

I think you're at it what with writing stuff like "creates a climate of fear and uncertainty." Why should Div have to explain anything? If someone came in to your work and started questioning employees decisions to the extent that the gaffer told them to GTFO would you then ask him why he'd done so or would you realise that it was justified on the basis of said person acting like a fanny? Simplified, this is Div's site. He decides who stays and who leaves. Don't like it, don't come back.

"Why should Div have to explain anything?"

He doesn't HAVE to, but it would be the decent thing to do would it not? Certainly, if my boss sacked people without explaining why, I'd ask for an explanation so that I didn't end up doing the same thing. I don't think asking questions or holding people to account is unreasonable.

"Why should Div have to explain anything?"

He doesn't HAVE to, but it would be the decent thing to do would it not? Certainly, if my boss sacked people without explaining why, I'd ask for an explanation so that I didn't end up doing the same thing. I don't think asking questions or holding people to account is unreasonable.

Div explained it very clearly in his post prior to banning the pair, do you expect him to come back on and say "telt ye".

Div explained it very clearly in his post prior to banning the pair, do you expect him to come back on and say "telt ye".

I'm just amused at the inconsistency. After all, with DeeGas, we were told that there was no individual posts that would mark him out as deserving of a ban, so we should all just ignore him. Who was it that told us that? Oh thats right, it was Div.

So if there was no individual post that was worthy of a ban from Swampy and VT, then shouldnt Div have just ignored them?

As I said, he doesn't HAVE to explain his position, but it would be the decent thing to do considering that last we heard, not even VT and Swampy were told how long their accounts were locked for.

I'm just amused at the inconsistency. After all, with DeeGas, we were told that there was no individual posts that would mark him out as deserving of a ban, so we should all just ignore him. Who was it that told us that? Oh thats right, it was Div.

So if there was no individual post that was worthy of a ban from Swampy and VT, then shouldnt Div have just ignored them?

As I said, he doesn't HAVE to explain his position, but it would be the decent thing to do considering that last we heard, not even VT and Swampy were told how long their accounts were locked for.

Why the fcuk should moderators need to take continual sniping from anyone, if you were that committed to your cause why didn't you continue after Div's post? Shat it or accepted Div's decision, either way you accepted he had the right to make that post.

Maybe he's trolling you ?

Why would I be trolling?

If I thought Div's decision was as bad as that Froch fight I can either suck it up and continue posting or I could (more likely for me) carry on 'til I get banned, FTR it's Div's site and he should look out for those that moderate his site as it would be a shite site without them.

Archived