Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

Arbroath has one. The link is undeniable.

When ICT were in the lower leagues Arbroath was a highlight of the season. That bar at the harbour that had a whole menu full of rum (Smugglers?) and going down the wee alleys to buy smokies still hot from the shed. Magic.

When ICT were in the lower leagues Arbroath was a highlight of the season. That bar at the harbour that had a whole menu full of rum (Smugglers?) and going down the wee alleys to buy smokies still hot from the shed. Magic.

Yes. The Smugglers, the famous Smugglers rum used to be a forfeit on our football smokers. Sadly shut down now, the harbour area and a lot of the old town has been done up and is looking lovely these days. You'll need to get back down if we draw you in the cup. ;) Edited by 1320Lichtie

My one and only visit to Arbroath was on an away day with Fraserburgh coincidentally. Scottish Cup 99/00. Drew 0-0 in Arbroath. Lost 3-1 in the replay. I didn't see much of the town except Gayfield and the pub. I remember Gayfield being windy and cold as f**k.

Edited by Sliced Bread

First time I went to Arbroath was for a midweek cup game. Maybe 2001 or 2002?

I had (badly - like, really badly) twisted my ankle before I left the house, drove to Abroath, parked a mile away from Gayfield, limped along to the fitba, stood for 120 minutes (it went to extra time), limped a mile back to my car, drove home, woke up the next again day and could not move my foot.

Thankfully we won the game.

Fraserburgh hands down. I was on the verge of giving smack a go after just two weeks there, no wonder every yokel there is a junkie.

Come to think of it, Aberdeen and all of its shitty commuter towns are just depressing. Grey buildings as far as the eye can see, and the locals wouldn't know patter if it slapped them in the face.

Eta honourable mention to Arbroath. Absolute dive that feels like it's stuck in the 1990s

Edited by BuddieInDundee

First time I went to Arbroath was for a midweek cup game. Maybe 2001 or 2002?

I had (badly - like, really badly) twisted my ankle before I left the house, drove to Abroath, parked a mile away from Gayfield, limped along to the fitba, stood for 120 minutes (it went to extra time), limped a mile back to my car, drove home, woke up the next again day and could not move my foot.

Thankfully we won the game.

Is that two days later or one day before?

Fraserburgh hands down. I was on the verge of giving smack a go after just two weeks there, no wonder every yokel there is a junkie.

Come to think of it, Aberdeen and all of its shitty commuter towns are just depressing. Grey buildings as far as the eye can see, and the locals wouldn't know patter if it slapped them in the face.

Eta honourable mention to Arbroath. Absolute dive that feels like it's stuck in the 1990s

Gone fishing for a 1320 bite again buddy?! ;)

Not at all, just warning the masses in case they ever happen to venture down to that part of Angus :)

I'm sure there are a few dozen people with ten fingers there, where do you all hide?!

It's not so much they're hiding as their time gets taken up by their disbelieving compadres continually counting their lack of digits out of disbelief

It's not so much they're hiding as their time gets taken up by their disbelieving compadres continually counting their lack of digits out of disbelief

Witnessed a boy get arrested for trying to bite the ear off my manager in a pub, what a place! Most of the locals seem permanently raging as the Marines are all rifling their women.

Witnessed a boy get arrested for trying to bite the ear off my manager in a pub, what a place! Most of the locals seem permanently raging as the Marines are all rifling their women.

Maybe if the food in your establishment wasn't so shite things like that wouldn't happen?

Just a thought. ;)

Not at all, just warning the masses in case they ever happen to venture down to that part of Angus :)

I'm sure there are a few dozen people with ten fingers there, where do you all hide?!

I reckon Arbroaths easily the nicest town in Angus, it's certainly better than Forfar/Brechin and Montrose has quite a nice front but is on the whole pretty shite too.

Maybe I'm biased though.