Worst Town In Scotland

I'm Brian

In fairness, a lot of Aberdeenshire towns that are now deemed 'commuter towns' are not bad - Inverurie is a nice wee place I've always thought. On the other hand, places such as Balmedie, Newtonhill, Portlethen etc all seem to be soulless places occupied by crappy 80s prefab housing and new Barrat/Stewarty Milne homes beside dual carriageways. I'm from Ellon, which I guess is in the middle of the two examples.

Really?? Inverurie has got to be the dullest town I've ever been to! Shame really considering how much potential the place had, but when you fill it with Aberdonians then it's not surprising it becomes about as interesting as a documentary fly fishing.

Really?? Inverurie has got to be the dullest town I've ever been to! Shame really considering how much potential the place had, but when you fill it with Aberdonians then it's not surprising it becomes about as interesting as a documentary fly fishing.

Does being dull really mean it would rank around one of the 'worst towns in Scotland'?

^^^ idiot found

It's always cute though to get the input of a moron who has a hard-on for Norn Ireland; the failed statelet that even residents of Fife get to roll their eyes in disgust at.

Belfast is by a country mile the worst dump I've ever visited, and I've been to both Sofia and Cowdenbeath.

Just let that sink in.

Tedious c**t.

A few pretty soulless old mining towns in the south & west of Fife give the whole region a bad name for people who have only ever experienced a few football away days there. The coast from Newburgh all the way around to the East Neuk and everything in between is totally fine, and the larger towns like Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline are no worse than any other town that size.

Even the smaller towns down that way are redeemed by some nice, admittedly slightly radioactive, sandy beaches.

By Aberdonians, do you mean south of England oily migrants who do nothing but keep to themselves (or join a committee of some description) once home? Smaller places like Insch for example have had the social heart ripped out of them.

I met a guy from Grandholm recently who had lived there for three years yet didn't know it was pronounced 'Granum'. Great local social life he must lead.

A few pretty soulless old mining towns in the south & west of Fife give the whole region a bad name for people who have only ever experienced a few football away days there. The coast from Newburgh all the way around to the East Neuk and everything in between is totally fine, and the larger towns like Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline are no worse than any other town that size.

Even the smaller towns down that way are redeemed by some nice, admittedly slightly radioactive, sandy beaches.

Fife is very much a weird one, controlled by the geology, where you have post-industrial shitey coal villages / towns almost randomly dotted between rather nice ones, these being the ones folk see given the industry related transport links.

As for the away day effect, I've noticed a general biased trend towards places with SPFL sides. No huge surprise given the nature of the forum.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I have experienced more than just a few away days. I spent near enough 3 months making daily visits to every town/village there, there are some nice wee places but there is a fair amount of utter shiteholes. The roads as well, just a no go zone IMO. ;)

People who slate Fife usually haven't seen very much of it, there are some shitholes however as has been said loads of coast is very nice, villages such is Kettle, Falkland, Freuchie etc which are all very nice. You can't really judge Fife if you've only ever seen, Methil/Kelty/Kennoway etc.

• 5 months later...

Away Mr Snobby Snobson from St Snobrews