Amsterdam

greenockraver

• 5 months later...

You can touch some of them. Your probably not supposed to but you can definitely have a wee cheeky stroke.

You can't have even a fly wee touch of a lion or anything similarly dangerous though. Just the docile ones.

They've got vultures too.

I'm going next weekend. I'll report back with what I can touch. I heard rumours about the monkey thing and my mate tickled a penguin.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Four of us going back in February, staying in a hostel in the city centre in which a private en suite room cost £26 a skull for three nights... it's sure to be fucking grim!

Didn't go to this glow golf caper last time, quite excited. I'm sure our visit will strike a nice balance between culture and debauchery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Going over to Amsterdam in April for 5 nights!

Any idea how much spending money will be required? heard it's quite expensive for a pint!

Pretty vague question. If you're going on a drug fuelled shagging rampage, then you'll need slightly more than a few days sightseeing with the wife/girlfriend.

I'm going back again next week.

On the Saturday we plan to wander around the various Christmas markets in the squares before heading to the Heineken experience.

Is there anything else people would recommend besides museums /Anne Frank house?

Talked to a guy who had a PROPER Thai massage in Amsterdam. Wee girl walked up and down his spine and he said that he'd never felt better. If you go to the right places, there are only going to give you a massage.

Where were you drinking? The numerous places I've been have ranged between 4.50-5.50 Euros a pint

That's pretty my the same price as a pint in a generic Glasgow pub

After a quick Google search it was Cafe De Dam (ridiculous staircase) in the Daamstrat and a few pubs beside it.

After a quick Google search it was Cafe De Dam (ridiculous staircase) in the Daamstrat and a few pubs beside it.

Standard 'abroad' advice is to venture away from the 'main tourist areas' but I found that a 10 second walk off the main streets (Damrak, Daamstrat) and the prices were comparable if not cheaper than an Glasgow pub. Also found that stag do Brits abroad #lad #banter types seem incapable of finding such places.

Standard 'abroad' advice is to venture away from the 'main tourist areas' but I found that a 10 second walk off the main streets (Damrak, Daamstrat) and the prices were comparable if not cheaper than an Glasgow pub. Also found that stag do Brits abroad #lad #banter types seem incapable of finding such places.

We'd been on a train drinking all day from Düsseldorf, we got into town and just walked into the first pubs we saw and we weren't watching what we were spending due to that. :lol:

I'd love to go back so I'll keep that in mind.

Eta: it was shite because it was a Sunday (maybe Monday) and we were told none of the clubs were open, dunno if that's true or not because I can't really remember what was going on come midnight to check but would that be right?

Edited by 1320Lichtie

• 3 weeks later...