Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

I know this is mad, but I don't have any BTC or ETH at the moment. I sold them out when BTC was last 59k and put the profit into Alts when they bottomed.

I know I should have some, but I'm not putting any more capital in at this point.

As long as you’re up in BTC denomination which you obviously are since you sold the top :lol: then it’s all good. I do think BTC and ETH are going to rip in the next 6 months though. Lots of institutional money coming in supposedly.

As long as you’re up in BTC denomination which you obviously are since you sold the top default_laugh.png then it’s all good. I do think BTC and ETH are going to rip in the next 6 months though. Lots of institutional money coming in supposedly.
Yeah, I'm up a fair bit in the BTC trade, down in the ETH ones as it has gone on after.

I'm holding around 11 Alts just now and I'm well up in those as well so no complaints at all.

I'm hoping the next 6 months are as mad as people are thinking they might be, for sure. If they are, I could out perform nearly 20 years worth of equities investments in under a year.

Even the thought of that just sounds mental, but given what I've seen since February, I don't even think it's crazy.

43 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The whole bitcoin obsession is just history repeating itself.

A few big winners and a shit load of gullible fools piling in looking to make a fast buck and losing everything.

Humans never, ever learn.

Is there anything on this earth that you haven't got sussed?

3 hours ago, Odinahali said:

I've heard a rumor that Ethereum will rice in value soon. Should I buy it now?

Yeah, I reckon it is the safest bet in the space. It had its first deflationary day the other day. 

Historically this is close to its all time high though. (just to make you aware that it could drop off in the short term)

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The whole bitcoin obsession is just history repeating itself.

A few big winners and a shit load of gullible fools piling in looking to make a fast buck and losing everything.

Humans never, ever learn.

Interestingly, Data Shows Majority of Bitcoin Owners are Holding at a Profit – MCC.EXCHANGE  (And Bitcoin is up from last month.) It is literally making the majority of holders richer.

42 minutes ago, iron mike python said:

Interestingly, Data Shows Majority of Bitcoin Owners are Holding at a Profit – MCC.EXCHANGE  (And Bitcoin is up from last month.) It is literally making the majority of holders richer.

Even in that piece from the very objective looking "MCC Exchange (proudly powered by WordPress)" they make sure to make a pretty important disclaimer though don't they? 

"Of course, while impressive, it’s important to keep in mind that these figures can be skewed given the exponential gains cryptos have made. For example, while early Bitcoin investors may hold several full Bitcoins that were purchased for only a few hundred dollars or less, those who have purchased in the past few years may only own a small fraction of a coin. Therefore, while the number of Bitcoins that are profitable is high, it’s less clear how many individual consumers have made money from the cryptocurrency." I'm sure that's all fine then, no further questions!

21 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Even in that piece from the very objective looking "MCC Exchange (proudly powered by WordPress)" they make sure to make a pretty important disclaimer though don't they? 

"Of course, while impressive, it’s important to keep in mind that these figures can be skewed given the exponential gains cryptos have made. For example, while early Bitcoin investors may hold several full Bitcoins that were purchased for only a few hundred dollars or less, those who have purchased in the past few years may only own a small fraction of a coin. Therefore, while the number of Bitcoins that are profitable is high, it’s less clear how many individual consumers have made money from the cryptocurrency." I'm sure that's all fine then, no further questions!

It is on the biggest public ledger the world has ever seen. All data is available to you to investigate what the answer is. 

I will instead spell it out to you in days using this graph: 

image.png.3ac011608f7fbeb32492224b88053f82.png

Only the people who bought bitcoin in the 3 months between February 14 2021 and May 14 2021 are in the red with their Bitcoin purchase. 

Everyone else in its 12 year history is up. 

3 minutes ago, iron mike python said:

It is on the biggest public ledger the world has ever seen. All data is available to you to investigate what the answer is. 

I will instead spell it out to you in days using this graph: 

image.png.3ac011608f7fbeb32492224b88053f82.png

Only the people who bought bitcoin in the 3 months between February 14 2021 and May 14 2021 are in the red with their Bitcoin purchase. 

Everyone else in its 12 year history is up. 

I'm sure it's true now that you've put up a graph instead of the article you initially stated supported your argument before it turned out it did nothing of the sort! 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I'm sure it's true now that you've put up a graph instead of the article you initially stated supported your argument before it turned out it did nothing of the sort! 

How many Bitcoin holders are holding at a loss then?

To be fair, he's not wrong. ALL bitcoin purchases are public record, as is that graph.

I don't own any BTC myself, I sold all of mine before that pullback he's highlighted (at 59k).

But as a long time crypto cynic who decided to put my money where my mouth was this year, I've long since been converted.

^^^ Said by every participant in every ponzi scheme ever invented by man.
I'm sure THIS "get rich quick" scheme will actually work though...... [emoji1787]
Is there some doubt that if you buy low and sell higher in crypto, you will make money/get rich depending on your volume and prices?

I have bought some quant. If I sell it now, I will have more money than when I started. Whats the scam exactly?