Bitcoin/cryptocurrency thread

Buying dips in an upward trend was surely buying after the first big dip in November?

No, because the first big dip in November broke the trend. That was your sell signal, not a buy signal. Well, actually, the lower high after the lower low breaker was the confirmed sell signal.

But feel free to tell me again I was wrong to sell there, at 52k, preserving 80% ish of my profit, that I should have put more money into the market to buy the dip with new capital and ride the now 5 month loss, essentially paying for someone else's exit.

Might even have been you I sold to at 52k, who knows......

All in $LUNA
Haha.

I have it going into the $1's so I'm waiting a bit longer..

I do have a concern that to get out I need buyers and they are in short supply at the moment, but a couple hundred bucks max risk for a potential 1500% (x Lev) reward is the type of R:R I can get on board with. [emoji1787]

2 hours ago, gaz5 said:

No, because the first big dip in November broke the trend. That was your sell signal, not a buy signal. Well, actually, the lower high after the lower low breaker was the confirmed sell signal.

But feel free to tell me again I was wrong to sell there, at 52k, preserving 80% ish of my profit, that I should have put more money into the market to buy the dip with new capital and ride the now 5 month loss, essentially paying for someone else's exit.

Might even have been you I sold to at 52k, who knows......

Mind to post in here when you think the bottom is in, asking for a friend of course... 

55 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Haha.

I have it going into the $1's so I'm waiting a bit longer..

I do have a concern that to get out I need buyers and they are in short supply at the moment, but a couple hundred bucks max risk for a potential 1500% (x Lev) reward is the type of R:R I can get on board with. emoji1787.png

Down over 90% in 24 hours now. For a top 10 coin. Incredible.

Do Kwon is the new Bill Hwang.

Mind to post in here when you think the bottom is in, asking for a friend of course... 

I don't try to call bottoms, it's a fruitless endeavour. [emoji846]

I more look for institutional activity and the direction they are then pushing it, then look to enter on confirmed retests of that area once they confirm they are going to protect their positions.

I never go in without a stop on anything (given the market volatility) so I need levels to take risk off. My positions are all sized based on that risk.

For me that makes trying to pick market bottoms pointless (for my style anyway) as there's nowhere to take my risk basis off.

At the moment, the areas of interest I'm looking at are:

- 21.5 - 23.8 (PoC 23.1)
- 17.5 - 19.4 (PoC 19.1)
- 15.2 - 16.3 (PoC 15.4)
- 12.8 - 13.8 (PoC 13.7)
- 8.2 - 11.4 (PoC 9.1)

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Yep, I lost. emoji1787.png

This one was an absolute gamble. But I knew that going in and the risk was small/defined.

$0.93 now, what did you get in at?

Luna did me well, I bought it last July for about $6 and sold at $42. Kept me in the game so I'm always gonna have a soft spot for it. What has made it haemorrhage?

$0.93 now, what did you get in at?
Luna did me well, I bought it last July for about $6 and sold at $42. Kept me in the game so I'm always gonna have a soft spot for it. What has made it haemorrhage?
I went in at 1.10 with $100 on a 10x, well below my max risk.

It was a confluence of multiple fib levels on a volume shelf. But was always a huge gamble given conditions.

One of those where you accept your might lose the capital quickly, but if it does turn given the selloff even a small bounce is going to be epic.

Wouldn't have done it if hadn't had a good day yesterday, doesn't impact my week too much.

That was perps BTW, I wouldn't be holding spot LUNA at the moment.

It's easy to see how people get fooled by Crypto or realise it's a scam but think they can make it work for them personally.... However anyone who believed that trading JPEGs of monkeys was a serious investment opportunity is so stupid they should have Britney Spears' Da controlling their finances by order of a court. 

Edited by Detournement

It's easy to see how people get fooled by Crypto or realise it's a scam but think they can make it work for them personally.... However anyone who believed that trading JPEGs of monkeys was a serious investment opportunity is so stupid they should have Britney Spears' Da controlling their finances by order of a court. 

People have literally made millions from it.

38 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Must have been a misclick/f**k up. Bored apes are still over $200k floor price.

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
17 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Which means that people have also lost millions

Not really. If you sell a Rembrandt to someone for £10m, you wouldn't say that person has lost £10m.

A bored ape jpg hasn't built up its value for hundreds of years, nobody thinks its non speculative value is more than a few quid, maybe a hundred at most. It's speculation in its purest form with next to no innate worth. 

Edited by welshbairn