Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

Todays P&J headline on the board outside of the newsagent:

PENSIONER SERIOUSLY HURT IN HARBOUR SCOOTER PLUNGE

A pensioner was critically ill in hospital last night after he accidentally rode his mobility scooter into a north-east harbour.

Holidaymakers ran to rescue disabled Stuart Farquhar when he plunged into the water at Pennan.

Mr Farquhar, who is in his 80s, was taken by helicopter to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary...

Edited by Hedgecutter

http://www.dunfermlinepress.com/opinion/letters/articles/2014/04/21/495807-noisy-dogs-spoiled-our-walk-in-dunfermlines-pittencrieff-park/

Scum. Sub-human scum.

For those of you who can't be arsed with questions/survey:

MY WIFE and I decided to go for a quiet walk in Pittencrieff Park last Thursday around 7pm, as it was such a nice night. We parked in the car park at the Carnegie UK Trust building.

However, as we walked up towards the Coal Road side of the Glen Pavilion, we could hear dogs barking.

Then as we walked along the front of the pavilion and towards the museum and greenhouse, we could hardly hear each other from the noise these dogs were making.

We also noticed several vehicles parked next to the grass opposite the museum.

As we reached the museum, we were surprised to see that a dog agility class was taking place on the grass immediately in front of the museum.

There were around 20 dogs and owners in attendance and the majority of the dogs were all barking at the same time. The noise from the dogs barking was deafening.

We continued to walk towards the greenhouses and out the far end of the gardens.

We continued towards the bottom Glen Gates and then along and up to the right where the animals used to be. We continued back up towards the Glen Pavilion and back to our car.

Throughout the duration of our walk, we could hear these dogs barking. They never stopped the whole time we were there.

Surely the first lesson when training your dog is how to control it and how it is expected to behave, especially in the presence of other dogs.

I assume they have permission to hold agility classes in the Glen.

However, do the dog owners have permission to drive through and park in the Glen and are those who authorised this use of the Glen aware that the noise the dogs are making is spoiling things for everyone else in the Glen?

It certainly spoiled our walk.

Ronnie Blair,

Queen Margaret Fauld, Dunfermline

Last time I was at Pittencrieff Park the peacocks wouldn't shut up. I even heard them from the High Street once I left the park out of disgust, that's just how loud they were.

And don't even get me started on the squirrels tormenting the dogs being walked.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Last time I was at Pittencrieff Park the peacocks wouldn't shut up. I even heard them from the High Street once I left the park out of disgust, that's just how loud they were.

And don't even get me started on the squirrels tormenting the dogs being walked.

Did they spoil your walk though?

• A traffic warden has been disciplined by Dungannon & South Tyrone Local Authority after complaints were made about inappropriate behaviour.

32-year old Fergus Devine from Clogher was given a formal warning after he was seen on YouTube giving out five parking tickets in quick succession and then insisting on passers-by doing a Mexican wave round Dungannon Square to celebrate. Complaints were also made to the Council after Devine incurred the wrath of several motorists for dispensing tickets and then singing ‘Simply The Best’ at the top of his voice whilst trying to high-five everyone, including the motorists to whom he had just given the tickets.

Devine defended his actions, saying,

“What’s wrong with taking a bit of pride in my work, eh? Those cars were parked illegally. Well, most of them were anyway, so they get a ticket. End of. No harm in a wee private moment of personal satisfaction. Maybe the fire crackers were a bit much, but still”.

Sources have revealed that Devine was cautioned last November for making loud cash register ‘kah-shing!’ noises every time he dispensed a ticket, and was warned again a month later for giving a parking ticket to Dungannon’s Christmas tree.

Irate motorist Dymphna Curran from Granville said,

“I was parked outside the library for two minutes last Wednesday and when I came back to the car that bollox was moonwalking next to it. I asked him what the craic was, and he just started doing a robot dance. Forty buckin’ quid it’s cost me. Eejit”.

The investigation also revealed that Devine has dispensed over 4,000 tickets in three years including several for seemingly trivial traffic violations, including ‘Driving with a face like a pishmire’, ‘Rubbish reverse parking’, ‘Listening to James Blunt’, and ‘Owning a crap car”. He also gave out more than twenty tickets for cars which had only stopped because the traffic lights were at red.

Standing in Thomas Street in Dungannon, a belligerent Devine said,

“Listen, if people don’t pa…”,

before breaking off mid-sentence to sprint after a Toyota Corolla which looked as if it was slowing down.

This thread is for real stories rather than fantasy bullshit ones.

SEAGULLS injured three people in Aberdeen last year.

Figures from Aberdeen City Council also showed 18 people reported being attacked by the birds.

The statistics, which were issued under a freedom of information request, did not stipulate the extent or the details of the injuries.

And today a North-east MSP said people should be careful with their food.

Kevin Stewart MSP, who represents Aberdeen Central, said: “Folk have to make sure they don’t feed them and they get rid of food rubbish in containers. If gulls have no food they tend to disappear.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/local/18-people-attacked-by-seagulls-in-aberdeen-last-year-1.348043

Quite so.

SEAGULLS injured three people in Aberdeen last year.

Figures from Aberdeen City Council also showed 18 people reported being attacked by the birds.

The statistics, which were issued under a freedom of information request, did not stipulate the extent or the details of the injuries.

And today a North-east MSP said people should be careful with their food.

Kevin Stewart MSP, who represents Aberdeen Central, said: “Folk have to make sure they don’t feed them and they get rid of food rubbish in containers. If gulls have no food they tend to disappear.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/local/18-people-attacked-by-seagulls-in-aberdeen-last-year-1.348043

That should be 'at least 19 people'. One of them attacked me from behind on Belmont St and stole half my tuna sandwich.

They can't say I never reported it as I provided a good whinge on the 'Things You Want to Share With P&B' thread within an hour of the incident.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Fleet Rule ya bass (or whatever it is the local ruffians round here say)

Dundee’s gang culture is to be explored at a new exhibition.

And visitors to the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art will be invited to “take over enemy territory” on an interactive map. The snapshot of Dundee’s gang divisions was put together by former gang member Craig Wright. The 22-year-old, now a fine art student, drew on his own experiences as a former member of a west coast gang.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/art-student-putting-gangs-of-dundee-on-map-1.352873

Ah, memories of getting chases off 'the beechy' in the good old days.