Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

An Ayr 'church' has had it's windows put in. Except it's not been a church since the 1980's, it was a theatre. And for the last few years it's been a closed theatre. So a more honest headline would probably be 'Building that nobody really fancies buying, that used to be a church gets it's windows smashed'.

Ayr Advertiser

Major problems in North Yorkshire.

Instant mash spill blocks A64 in both directions

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11293176.display/

Very disappointed with this. Heard it on 5 live while awaiting Mrs WRK's return from West Yorks. Unfortunately, the opportunity for an amusing "divert now or find a tankerful of gravy" was missed as she would have left the A64 before the scene of the mashpocalypse.

ETA: I also missed the great M62 Chicken Escape by a day coming back from Conference in May. I'm sure one day one of us will get delayed by a comedy spill/livestock incident. I live for the day I can post live pics of a dual-carriageway swarming with pigs, or a lake of mushy peas blocking the ring-road.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I'm betting he never knew that you're not actually meant to eat the shells. :rolleyes:

But the meal swiftly deteriorated into a police matter after the couple refused to pay for a dish husband Alan branded “inedible”.

• 2 weeks later...

ABERDEEN surgeons had to remove a sex toy from a woman’s body that had been there for 10 years without her realising it.

The 38-year-old attended Aberdeen Royal Infirmary after suffering symptoms including severe weight loss, lethargy and shaking.

It was only after an x-ray that medics spotted the five-inch object.

The woman shocked the doctors by revealing that it had been 10 years since she had used the sex toy with her partner.

Doctors removed the object and the patient was later discharged from hospital.

The unusual case was reported in The Journal of Sexual Medicine.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/local/aberdeen-doctors-find-sex-toy-in-woman-that-had-been-there-for-10-years-1.489434