Have I got Local News For You

Tryfield

I hate to be down on the Tele and The Courier but the New York Post and This Is Local London would probably have the typical Naked Polish Man Runs Amok In Toys R Us Whilst Being Attacked By Seagulls On Spacehoppers stories relegated to pages 5 or 7. Premier league radges.

The people at my office seem to think they can jump start the building using the revolving door.

Genuine question. Why are 90% of the Scottish stories on here from Dundee? Is it something they put in the water that makes them so mental?

Could be that the Courier and Evening Telegraph are still "free to view" whereas many other local papers are subscription only...or yes, it's just that us Dundonians are a seething mass of mentalness.

Having lived here for nigh on 25 years now ( :(), I would say its definitely the latter.

I think it's a combination of vigorous reporting and bampot locals. The immigrant population to Dundee also seem to assimilate well and embrace the local culture wholeheartedly so it's a multicultural melting pot of mayhem.

Yes, particularly those with Aberdonian links! ;)

I contemplated studying in Dundee at one point in my youth. Going by the regular Dundonian reports on P&B, I feel I missed out on an utterly life-changing experience :(

Not sure if this headline is a Google Translation error:

Expelled from the club the player who tried to hit the penis to a wizard

http://es.besoccer.com/noticia/expulsado-del-club-el-jugador-que-intento-golpear-con-el-pene-a-una-asistente

Granada Pulianas club Celtic has kicked off the team the player who last Sunday when a spectator attending a meeting of regional category, the penis is pulled and tried to hit him with an assistant referee in Granada, during the match of Second Division Abes Andalusian-Gabia.

Celtic, who play in Primera Andaluza, a higher category does not want to "look tarnished the image of the club such regrettable events", so proceeded to the expulsion of the player of the discipline of the club, sources told Efe of the entity.

The assistant to the alleged perpetrator of this humiliation addressed was a man and not a woman, as it reflected the referee in the minutes, an error occurred because at the last minute changed one of the auxiliary judges appointed for this match, as indicated Efe different witnesses.

The player could not participate in the meeting that his team played last weekend against the Arenas de Armilla to be punished, since the previous day had been sent off for two yellow cards in Huétor Vega-Celtic clash.

This player attending as an amateur last Sunday clash between Abes and Gabia when "invaded the pitch, pulled his penis and tried to find him an assistant," as reflected in the minutes of the match the referee.

The referee explained in the minutes that he and his assistant identified "clearly and unequivocally" as "a Celtic player Pulianas" because "wearing a tracksuit that team" and knew of him "sometimes refereed".

The mayor of Las Gabias (Granada), Vanessa Gil Polo, described Tuesday in a statement as "abominable and completely detestable" what happened last Sunday at the Sports Molino Nuevo de Granada capital.

Polo regretted "deeply" that "these deplorable events have taken place in a game of Gabia" and says that you can not allow "this type of violent behavior that occur and stain terrible sportsmanship and good image" of equipment locally.

Edited by welshbairn