Fallout 4

Goran

I can't see 'The Wanderer' without thinking of the song that Status Quo covered. Think there might be something wrong with me. Never thought I'd been abused as a child until I just remembered that my mum used to play that 7" all the time on the gramophone.

I can't see 'The Wanderer' without thinking of the song that Status Quo covered. Think there might be something wrong with me. Never thought I'd been abused as a child until I just remembered that my mum used to play that 7" all the time on the gramophone.

Just checked it out. As awful as it sounds.

Just did a 'Can I Run This?' test and apparently my laptop can't run the game. Bit surprised as it's pretty high spec. The fall down seems to be the processor which is of the mobile variety. Same with the graphics card. Is this right? Should I not bother getting this for the PC? :(

attachicon.gifFallout 4.png

Where do you get the test? Really excited to play this but not sure if my laptop could hack it - might need to start going round to my mum and dads a bit more often since my older brother set them up with a beastin' desktop computer.

Got an i5 2.8 gHz processor and a Geforce GTX 765M graphics card w/ 16GB of RAM. Suspect it'd run but on fairly minimal settings which tbh kinda defeats some of the fun of the game.

Ach, FM 2016 on the laptop and Fallout 4/CoD at my parents I think. Happy enough with that.

Where do you get the test? Really excited to play this but not sure if my laptop could hack it - might need to start going round to my mum and dads a bit more often since my older brother set them up with a beastin' desktop computer.

Got an i5 2.8 gHz processor and a Geforce GTX 765M graphics card w/ 16GB of RAM. Suspect it'd run but on fairly minimal settings which tbh kinda defeats some of the fun of the game.

Ach, FM 2016 on the laptop and Fallout 4/CoD at my parents I think. Happy enough with that.

Website called Can You Run It?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Select the game, download a wee tool and it gives you the results.

It'll drop back to 45-50 tomorrow, just fleecing people that can't wait.

:lol:

That's shocking behaviour, but in the end, makes business sense. They'll probably make a killing on that for a one-day only offer. Makes you wonder why anyone would buy on the high street these days - £39 on shopto and it'll arrive today, or £65 in CEX for the same.

Would just like to remind everyone of BBCode's spoiler function - surround anything you want to remain hidden like so (only remove the asterisks):

[*spoiler]OMG best ending evar when YOU are Keyser Soze!!![*/spoiler]

Some of us won't be getting the game until some time after launch, despite the best efforts of the moderating team to provide Platinum members with copies.

I'll spoiler my comments on the reviews. Nothing inherently spoiler-y in there, but if you don't want to even read reviews, then best to be safe

Was initially drawn to the destructoid one, and seems a fair enough one without taking a look myself. Bethesda have once again presented a glitchy game, but then that's unfortunately par for the course with them. I never had huge problems with any of their games though, so hopefully just a few niggly things. The rest of the complaints seem fair enough, nothing that jumps out at me as being particularly worrying. The cluttered interface one is interesting - I wonder if they'll take a leaf out of ProjektRed's book and completely update it in a patch? Not holding my breath for that one...

The big thing for me is all the comments on the size of the game. For me, that's the single most important thing I look for in Open World games. Then the second would be whether that size actually translates into depth or just width. But you can't beat getting into a game like this and then just wandering about, doing whatever and probably getting the shit kicked out of you early on. I still remember my first Skyrim hours when I went to see a giant and got kicked across the map.

The VATS change seems interesting - going from completely freezing time to just slowing it. That wasn't mentioned on Destructoid I don't think, and sounds like it'll completely change how the action sequences play out. Interested to see how that goes.

Actually, the single biggest thing I'm taking from this is now every bit of loot is useful because of crafting. Too many open world games just have you picking up rubbish that you'll never use.