Fallout 4

Goran

The maze in the car park next to Fallons department store has just become my favourite non marked area....

I think I asked this a while back, but is there ever any explanation for what that's all about? I keep expecting to find some reference to the guy with waaay to much time on his hands :P

Found a mirelurk queen on spectacle island, and had left my fatman at home. Luckily had one of the Yangtse homing beacons on me so was able to lob that at her, and wait for one of the Chinese nukes to rain down on her....

I did the Yangtse quest last night. A bit disappointing, really, I was hoping for more

I think I asked this a while back, but is there ever any explanation for what that's all about? I keep expecting to find some reference to the guy with waaay to much time on his hands :P

It seems like the same guy as the Fen Sewers. All the chalk X marks everywhere.

Will it ever be likely that Fallout 3 and New Vegas will be playable on the PS4?

Its possible, in a similar way that all the Uncharted games are now, not convinced it'll ever happen though.

Going to get a PS4 at some point, not in any rush as going through Skyrim properly on 360 just now, never played FNV and have only ever messed about with FO3. Deals are poor just now for PS4 so if I don't see anything I fancy by the time I finish Skyrim might just play through FNV on my 360.

Once you've taken the holotape out of the institute, you can pass it around the other factions, while the Railroad and Minutement main quests don't advance too much from that point (indeed, the Minutemen main quest requires you to be kicked out the Institute for good) you can do a few more bits of the BoS main quest, including Liberty Reprimed (quite fun and involves wandering the Glowing Sea) and Blind Betrayal, you can't go any further than that, if you want to proceed with the other factions though.

Always worth doing BoS stuff, even if you don't intend to side with them in the final analysis - just to get some of the better power armour gear.

Yeah the problem for me is that I gave the holotape to everyone bar the BOS haha, I think I simply never got round to it and forgot and by that time it was too late in terms of where I was at with the Institute. It actually doesn't seem too bad now that Danse is gone, I'm getting a lot of missions from the Railroad and the Minutemen (who are a pain in the arse) but I don't think I can go any further with the Institute unless I go ahead and kill the Railroad guys which I kinda don't wanna do, nightmare!

Edited by M0rtonfc

Thought you might all enjoy my gathering of settlers at Sanctuary :)

attachicon.gif2016-02-11_00001.jpg

ETA - some of my settlers, not everyone showed up :angry:

I have my shop promenade right where you have gathered next to my vip housing and shelter

I have my shop promenade right where you have gathered next to my vip housing and shelter

You can just make out my shopping centre behind the right most settlers. Just one story at the moment, but I'll build it up over time.

The house that I posted a picture of a while ago is just to the left of that pic. Im also creating a bit of a super-farm behind the house you can see

I sided with the minutemen, the railroad don't turn hostile if you fulfil an <optional> objective during the final main story quest but do if you fail to do this - won't spoiler it but it should be fairly obvious given what the railroad's objective is.

I think if you go the other way then the Minutemen are fine, I'm fairly sure it's impossible to piss them off unlike the railroad and the BoS. Not 100% on that though.

edit: just done a bit of reading and that is 100%, you can't make the minutemen hostile as a faction.

cheers for clarifying. Having seen that I've decided to go with the railroad, despite me having no choice in the matter. The missions now require to start offing synths, I assume if I keep doing this I'll lose unrestricted access to the institute? I've not completed the synth retention mission where I have to return to 'father' to complete it.

cheers for clarifying. Having seen that I've decided to go with the railroad, despite me having no choice in the matter. The missions now require to start offing synths, I assume if I keep doing this I'll lose unrestricted access to the institute? I've not completed the synth retention mission where I have to return to 'father' to complete it.

Oddly enough, no. You can't actually progress the Railroad story without completing several main quests for the Institute, as their plans require time to put together so you are effectively playing for time by working with father.