T in the Park 2014

DomDom

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove past this today, was fairly quite actually and never got stuck in any traffic. Wonder if it still sells out as quickly as usual? Seems to be losing its appeal with people I know, as it just seems to be a repetitive selection of acts

Drove past this today, was fairly quite actually and never got stuck in any traffic. Wonder if it still sells out as quickly as usual? Seems to be losing its appeal with people I know, as it just seems to be a repetitive selection of acts

This year's done better than last year's.

All of the major festivals, barring Glasto, are struggling to sell out compared to from about 2011 backwards, but most of them, including T, still sell most of their tickets.

Looks like he got his trousers out of Oxfam, I think if you look past the singles that especially WB music have put out for them there is more to them that samey rock-pop songs, for example infinity land has some absolutely mind-blowing tunes on it, not to everyones taste thou

Watched Chvrches on red button earlier, they were great but the sound kept muting for 5-10 seconds pretty regularly. Annoying as feck!

Watched all of the bbc3 coverage and it's been good so far.

Imagine dragons being my highlight of the night.

Always want to like biffy clyro, but just not sure they're for me.

Still enjoying their show though.

I feel sad that I am not there. Been the last 4 years and had a ball. Just didn't fancy it this year and had other things to pay for. Other than Biffy, I didn't really fancy paying mega money to see somebody else. Biffy look great though. Spewing just now but once Tuesday comes I'll be over it.

Starks Park and then night in the pub tomorrow.

World Cup final on Sunday.

That will do donkey, that'll do.

If festivals are becoming less popular it's because of the rise of the one-day city mini-festivals, imo. Much better value for money, you can go out/home after, dinny have to spend £6 on a chips and cheese etc.

Don't think it's because music is less good. Most of the bands mentioned there are pretty good, imo.

IMay be wrong and no doubt some smart chap will correct me, but think I read somewhere that other than Glastonbury, Download has come the next closest to selling out if not selling out.

I can see why though if thats right. Mainstream rock is dull and repetitive. Average bands like Biffy Clyro, Kasabian and The Arctic Monkeys become headliners. Then Kings of Leon and Coldp....(can't even type it!) have become global mega-bands.

But we've spent the last 10 years having these bands headlining festivals, and if we've not seen them at Glastonbury, Reading/Leeds or TITP live at least twice, then we'll have watched it live on the BBC!

Apparently festivals are struggling pretty badly for headliners. Glasto even struggled to get the ones they wanted, but they have the pull of being Glastonbury which I alluded to earlier. Most festivals need to rely on who's touring and about, and the bands aren't as varied as they used to be. I actually think T have outdone most festivals of their type this year. Download paid a fortune to get Linkin Park to do Hybrid Theory as a one off and it paid off for them to be fair.

Archived