T in the Park 2014

DomDom

Not yet but the gf wants me to take her this year. I said no. She took the huff a wee bit. f**k that. Wee cow wanting to go que for a shower or wanting me to walk up to the toilets with her so she can shite. I'll go with the boys instead thanks

Im the exact same, i thought it would be alright taking her with me and getting off my heid on all sorts but it was just a nightmare start-finsih, the only year i have had a bad time at it, just tell her now she's not going and if she does i will go to something else

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tempted to get a Sunday ticket. The Arctic Monkeys are incredible, saw them at the hydro in November and they were fantastic. The Kaiser Chiefs are one of my favourite bands as well and always put on a great show (seen them 3 times). The other 2 days aren't nearly as appealing.

Very much prefer Biffy over AM but it is moronic to think they are on the same level, as much as I think BC have more originality and rawness about them than the latter, The Arctic Monkeys are superier in headline experience, fans and record sales, however both are big enough domestically to headline any festival.

Also worth mentioning Biffy have won over a sonisphere crowd full of big 4 and slipknot fans, dont think AM could pull that off.

Both technically-tight bands and performers capable of headling festivals. Fact.

So whats YOUR point as it doesn't appear you have one?? Or are you just another number in VT's soggy circle of pompous posting?

Biffy Clyro, compared to Arctic Monkeys, seem to be a very small band. It's all been stated on this very thread already, but comparing the two bands in terms of figures is astonishingly one-sided - in favour of Arctic Monkeys, obviously. They're a far bigger band than BC, and arguing against that is quite frankly ludicrous.

Just for the record, I don't dislike Biffy Clyro. Simon Neil's voice goes through me a wee bit, but their sound isn't that bad, they're just fairly average.

Just announced - The Shrugs.

shrugs_zps58a0a876.png

maycele_zps158db21a.gif

Cheers buddy. I'm chuffed. Biffy Clyro will obviously be a bit gutted that they've had to make way for The Shrugs, but there's no place for sympathy in the music business. We'll just go out there and do our best.

There's plenty acts that could headline over Biffy. White guitar rock isn't the only thing out there.

Even if it was, there are far better white guitar rock bands more suitable to headlining a festival than those guys.

I actually think the Friday and the Sunday look ok this year, but the Saturday is just dreadful.

I might get a ticket for one of the other, depending on what else is added over the next wee while.

Biffy's first four albums alone would qualify them as one of the 'biggest' rock bands in the UK IMO, albeit their newer stuff is a bit pish. Haven't seen them in a few years but you'd be hard pressed to find a better live band.

All this 'who's bigger?' chat is shite though. I'd rather go and watch someone I liked than seeing a bigger act and being surrounded by total cretins.

Kasabian are pish :o

It doesn't matter how 'good' you consider a band to be. It's a mainstream festival that's judged on the relative size of the artists that are performing. It's those cretins that are buying tickets in bulk these days.

Do people generally go to festivals for headliners? I have to say, whenever I go it's the undercard I spend the most time at - obviously - and by the time the stage closer comes around I'm pretty tired anyway, so whether I like them or not isn't that important. Clearly a closer I like is a bonus, but it adds two hours or whatever to my day.

I think the point is more generally is that that lineup's pretty rubbish across three days. I get that T is a pretty Radio 1-type audience, but if you compare it to, say, the Green Man festival, its hardly surprising that Biffy Clyro return year after year, seemingly.

It would be nice if T implemented an informal "no repeats" policy, but that doesn't seem to be the curator's whim.

Archived