T in the Park 2014

DomDom

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is time for T to call it a day,cant attract anyone decent anymore.

If I watch it on TV as I always do and see thousands upon thousands of people enjoying themselves, I will be sure to tell them they are wrong and it's actually pish!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Splits for the three main stages have been confirmed.

FRIDAY

Main Stage: Biffy Clyro, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Imagine Dragons, Haim, You Me at Six, Charli XCX

Radio 1 Stage: Steve Angello, Alesso, DJ Fresh, Maximo Park, Foxes, Neon Jungle + more to be announced

King Tuts Tent: Pixies, Manic Street Preachers, CHVRCHES, The Magic Numbers, Royal Blood, Drenge, The Rifles

SATURDAY

Main Stage: Calvin Harris, Paolo Nutini, Pharrell Williams, Rudimental, James, Twin Atlantic, Katy B, The Stranglers + more to be announced

Radio 1 Stage: Elbow, Bombay Bicycle Club, The 1975, The Charlatans, John Newman, Clean Bandit, Ella Eyre, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Twenty One Pilots

King Tuts Tent: Ben Howard, Embrace, The Human League, Soul II Soul, Nina Nesbitt, We Are Scientists, George Ezra, Fatherson, Circa Waves + more to be announced

SUNDAY

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Jake Bugg, Paul Weller, Bastille, Kaiser Chiefs, Kodaline, Newton Faulkner, Red Hot Chilli Pipers

Radio 1 Stage: Disclosure, Tinie Tempah, Above and Beyond, London Grammar, Sam Smith, Chance the Rapper, Reverend and the Makers, Inspiral Carpets

King Tuts Tent: Example, Franz Ferdinand, Tame Impala, Passenger, Metronomy, Wilkinson, The Twilight Sad, Earl Sweatshirt

The placing of Ben Howard is something right out of bizzaro world. I think it's pretty good though. As always, after stage splits the lineup looks better.

The Friday King Tuts and Sunday main stage lineups in particular appeal greatly.

Bastille were pretty good last year and Newton Faulkner was utterly amazing last time he did main stage at T. Good that absolutely f**k all interests me on the other stages outside of Franz Ferdinand.

EDIT: Oh, and The Twilight Sad.

Splits for the three main stages have been confirmed.

FRIDAY

Main Stage: Biffy Clyro, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Imagine Dragons, Haim, You Me at Six, Charli XCX

Radio 1 Stage: Steve Angello, Alesso, DJ Fresh, Maximo Park, Foxes, Neon Jungle + more to be announced

King Tuts Tent: Pixies, Manic Street Preachers, CHVRCHES, The Magic Numbers, Royal Blood, Drenge, The Rifles

SATURDAY

Main Stage: Calvin Harris, Paolo Nutini, Pharrell Williams, Rudimental, James, Twin Atlantic, Katy B, The Stranglers + more to be announced

Radio 1 Stage: Elbow, Bombay Bicycle Club, The 1975, The Charlatans, John Newman, Clean Bandit, Ella Eyre, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Twenty One Pilots

King Tuts Tent: Ben Howard, Embrace, The Human League, Soul II Soul, Nina Nesbitt, We Are Scientists, George Ezra, Fatherson, Circa Waves + more to be announced

SUNDAY

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Jake Bugg, Paul Weller, Bastille, Kaiser Chiefs, Kodaline, Newton Faulkner, Red Hot Chilli Pipers

Radio 1 Stage: Disclosure, Tinie Tempah, Above and Beyond, London Grammar, Sam Smith, Chance the Rapper, Reverend and the Makers, Inspiral Carpets

King Tuts Tent: Example, Franz Ferdinand, Tame Impala, Passenger, Metronomy, Wilkinson, The Twilight Sad, Earl Sweatshirt

Out of that line up I'd only be wanting to see Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood, Paolo Nutini, The Charlatans, Embrace, Arctic Monkeys and Tame Impala. Pretty poor for a three day festival.

Aye, I just assumed that Above and Beyond would be in Tuts. I had a feeling that Example might be the headliner, with it being the tent, it wouldn't have been a bad move to have them second last.

Still naw as bad as Ben Howard headlining King Tuts though.

Might get a Friday ticket and just take the girlfriend and go see Biffy Clyro. She likes You me at six (well she did. Don't hear her go on about them much now) and the chart folk that are there so there's at least a few things to keep her happy before seeing Biffy at night.

I presume you can get a ticket just for the Friday?

erm which is my point about them still getting no recognition in the UK.

Which is why they accepted a Best Band In the World award from MTV Europe Awards but refused a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Brits.

Sound like proper c***s

Arctic monkeys had trouble getting big in countries such as Australia and USA due to people out there not understanding their Sheffield twang IIRC

Maybe why the dobber does that shite Elvis impressions now

Has anyone taken their gfs to the festival thinking it would be a good idea only to have you're weekend ruined?

I did a few years ago. Not ruined, but it was worse than it should have been, Did pump though

Got half way through the thread and got sick of the arguments. I have bought a ticket. spur of the moment thing, Bot been since 2011. looking forward to it.

If you don't have a good time and don't catch a good few bands there is something wrong with you.

Sound like proper c***s

Maybe why the dobber does that shite Elvis impressions now

I did a few years ago. Not ruined, but it was worse than it should have been, Did pump though

Got half way through the thread and got sick of the arguments. I have bought a ticket. spur of the moment thing, Bot been since 2011. looking forward to it.

If you don't have a good time and don't catch a good few bands there is something wrong with you.

I always get carried away but always have a good time, the one time i took her we just argued but the other years i have been since i have seen dozens of couples arguing and its just not right for couples!! not told the mrs I'm going yet but she won't be happy!!

Archived