T in the Park 2014

DomDom

I always get carried away but always have a good time, the one time i took her we just argued but the other years i have been since i have seen dozens of couples arguing and its just not right for couples!! not told the mrs I'm going yet but she won't be happy!!

I'm lucky in that my current gf is mega chilled, loves pills and loves dance music so it was a dream at Parklife this weekend. Had the issue before of a girlfriend who likes shite music and hates people being off their tits and it's enough to spoil a weekend at a festival

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm lucky in that my current gf is mega chilled, loves pills and loves dance music so it was a dream at Parklife this weekend. Had the issue before of a girlfriend who likes shite music and hates people being off their tits and it's enough to spoil a weekend at a festival

Absolutely - theres no doubt the weekend would be ruined if she was there absolutely no doubt! Im happy with her in general and wouldn't like going out with a girl who was mad into doing the pills anymore although it was my dream gf at about 21!! Not sure i can afford to go this year, depends on work and a few other things but if i don't go will hopefully go to creamfields at end of summer

• 2 weeks later...

Meh. Would have preferred Stirling. This is essentially the same thing as now though, which I suppose isn't too bad.

Except its not.

The location is far more picturesque, but transport links are not even close to being as good.

Auchterarder is a bottleneck, all the roads that go to the site from Crieff, Perth and Auchterarder are terrible. Not suited to wave upon wave of buses.

The fact that they won't allow any cars near the town for the Ryder cup makes me worry how they expect to handle T.

I'd certainly not be surprised if the festival is on a smaller scale. Interesting times ahead.

On the plus side, I'd expect my folks to get free tickets like the residents of Kinross do. So I'll probably go, seeing as it will be free.

Except its not.

The location is far more picturesque, but transport links are not even close to being as good.

Auchterarder is a bottleneck, all the roads that go to the site from Crieff, Perth and Auchterarder are terrible. Not suited to wave upon wave of buses.

The fact that they won't allow any cars near the town for the Ryder cup makes me worry how they expect to handle T.

I'd certainly not be surprised if the festival is on a smaller scale. Interesting times ahead.

On the plus side, I'd expect my folks to get free tickets like the residents of Kinross do. So I'll probably go, seeing as it will be free.

Aye, that's got to be the biggest issue with the location for the new venue. The country roads out there aren't really suitable to cope with the shitload of heavy goods vehicles, buses & cars that'll be in use for the festival. Getting in & out of the place will be a feckin' nightmare.

Comments about the wee country roads are spot on. Their size and quietness is exactly the reason I enjoy running around them regularly.

On the other hand, the site is about two miles from my door, so yaaaaaaaas!!

Anyone want to pitch a tent in my garden? Reasonable rates!

Made a last minute decision to go for old times sake seeing as it's the last year at Balado.

Just going on the Sunday though - Inspirals, Twighlight Sad, Weller and the Arctic Monkeys will do me. I haven't even heard of Disclosure!

T in the P jumped the shark years ago unfortunately.

About the same time as we came back to our tents on a baking hot Saturday to find someone had coiled out a shite in my mates tent a few hours previous. Smelt like death and had crusted right up. :lol:

There but for the grace of God, go I.

Archived