T in the Park 2014

DomDom

You'd argue and lose, quite convincingly. They're not even remotely on the same level. This is almost as embarrassing as when roasters on this forum considered Kasanian a bigger act than Arctic Monkeys.

It's like comparing Queens' Park Rangers or some other provincial diddy to Atletico Madrid.

Arctic monkeys had trouble getting big in countries such as Australia and USA due to people out there not understanding their Sheffield twang IIRC

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is a genuine lack of headliners available to T In The Park. They previously were happy to put on slightly more alternative acts such as REM six years back but those days are gone. They have a small pool to pick from and not many have the wow factor.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1393544478.706970.jpg

If you're implying solely in the UK then yes, The Arctic Monkeys are bigger than Biffy. Think that points already been established. World-wide though...

Not really a Biffy fan, like a couple of tunes. The Arctic Monkeys are just overrated pish though IMO.

Had a glance at record sales there and Arctic Monkeys win.

Indeed. I remember the first year I went it was Muse, Eminem and Kasabian. When you look at that compared to this year it's seriously fallen away. Last year at Balado too, thought they'd pull it out the bag! There'll certainly be tickets available right until it kicks off.

Eh?

To headline T in the Park you only need (IMO) to have a few songs that your average punter has heard and will stick around for as well as a back catalogue that's not abrasive enough to scare away the sort of p***k that really loves Ed Sheeran. Biffy Clyro's post-Puzzle material fits that description perfectly and they can easily chuck in one or two early tracks to appease the older fans so it makes sense that they're up there.

Oh and Arctic Monkeys are much bigger than Biffy Clyro. They've been headline acts for almost 8 years now and are finally making an impact in North America. You could conceivably see them high up an American festival line up. I doubt the same could be said of Biffy.

To headline T in the Park you only need (IMO) to have a few songs that your average punter has heard and will stick around for as well as a back catalogue that's not abrasive enough to scare away the sort of p***k that really loves Ed Sheeran. Biffy Clyro's post-Puzzle material fits that description perfectly and they can easily chuck in one or two early tracks to appease the older fans so it makes sense that they're up there.

Oh and Arctic Monkeys are much bigger than Biffy Clyro. They've been headline acts for almost 8 years now and are finally making an impact in North America. You could conceivably see them high up an American festival line up. I doubt the same could be said of Biffy.

The Real Saints in a nutshell. :(

Nah, I wouldn't lose convincingly and the only embarrassing thing is your inability to refrain from being pompous even when it comes to trivial topics such as music.

However, I'd maybe be wrong but I doubt there's much significant in overall popularity between those bands now. They are about the same level of band. Biffy have built their success up album by album, gigging like f**k to promote their first 2 or 3 albums and earning a reputation as a fantastic live band, whereas The Arctic Monkeys did the whole YouTube thing then shot into the record books with the high sales of their first album. Out-with the UK though, The Arctic Monkeys aren't that big. There album sales might be higher overall but Biffy's fan base is definitely more widespread. And Biffy are technically better musicians by quite a way too, but that's just an observation.

Are Kasanian a new band? Never heard of them.

And QPR aren't provincial.

It's utterly hilarious to see you attempting to belittle Kasabian, a band with far more headline slots than Biffy Clyro, yet a band living in the shadow of Arctic Monkeys for their entire career. I mean really, we could compare headline performances between Arctic Monkeys and Biffy Clyro, but 1) it's be massively exhaustive on the side of the former and 2) utterly embarrassing for the latter. Throw into the account total record sales and profile in the UK, Europe and North America and you have quite possibly the most one-sided contest in music history, at very least, the most one-sided contest proposed on this forum. Other than your laughable efforts at scoring points against this Box-Office poster, obviously.

Needless to say I'm not in any way surprised that you turned out to be one of the few thousand Biffy Clyro uber-fans who genuinely think that their third-rate crap-rock outfit is comparable to global superbands. Had you only been from Ayrshire then the stereotypes for uber-fan status would have been 100% aligned.

The Arctic Monkeys are just overrated pish though IMO.

^^^ verge of tears

I'm sure they're devastated by the cutting review of a Biffy Clyro fan tbh. :1eye

Arctic Monkeys are much bigger than Biffy Clyro outwith the UK. Arctic's sold out Madison Square Gardens last month and are generally on the rise throughout Europe, Biffy Clyro are nowhere near that big world-wide.

Pretty much this, only to add ...'or in their own country, town or household'.

Both technically-tight bands and performers capable of headling festivals. Fact.

So whats YOUR point as it doesn't appear you have one?? Or are you just another number in VT's soggy circle of pompous posting?

More fans

More sales

More headline slots

Arctic Monkey's are bigger, fact!

Has anyone taken their gfs to the festival thinking it would be a good idea only to have you're weekend ruined?

Not yet but the gf wants me to take her this year. I said no. She took the huff a wee bit. f**k that. Wee cow wanting to go que for a shower or wanting me to walk up to the toilets with her so she can shite. I'll go with the boys instead thanks

Archived