T in the Park 2014

DomDom

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only bad thing about booking Depeche Mode is that there would be literally thousands of Celtic fans constantly screaming for 'Just Can't Get enough' all the way through their set.

• 2 weeks later...

License has been granted for extended arena license to 1am on the Saturday.

“This request for a variation to the licence is because we have the opportunity to bring two international headliner artists to the T in the Park line-up in a co-headliner format. To achieve this both acts would need to perform in darkness which is why we have requested this extension of the operating times.”

I'm guessing Biffy + Calvin Harris.

I was at Optimus Alive this year and Depeche Mode headlined the Saturday night and it was just dreadful, the whole crowd were dead due to the nature of their songs and only got going when they played their 2 main songs everyone knows, they would be a waste! Biffy Clyro played on the Friday about tea time and they were absolutely tremendous, I'm not really a fan of that type of music but they really were fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

The National are supporting Neil Young in London on the 12th July (Saturday of T) and are playing in Ireland on the 14th July (Monday after T). Surely this is a good sign they'll be appearing? I really hope so. Gutted they missed out Scotland on their tour in November.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard a rumour Eminem is playing.

The source was as iffy as they come so don't quote me if it's bullshit.

I saw a line up poster for 2014 the other day and it had Eminem as a headliner. I can't remember who was the third, but I'm sure it was a fake.

I'll try and get it posted if I can get a copy.

When I saw the lineup it had, I instantly said I'd not be going.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not like health and safety to ruin fun.

Do you think health and safety folk were never invited to party's when they were young and vowed to stop the rest of the planet enjoying themselves as revenge?

I understand the same pipeline that is forcing this move also runs under schools. They gonnae shut them down?

Why anyone says TITP is getting worse is bollocks. Still drawing the biggest acts. Recently Eminem, Rihanna, not my cup of tea but they are the biggest around the now.

For this year, would hope the view get a shot(bias obvcourse) calvin harris, due a shot at headlining and an Oasis reunion, its kicking about there finally speaking again.

Last year was the best for years for me. Baffled. Each to their own.

Why anyone says TITP is getting worse is bollocks. Still drawing the biggest acts. Recently Eminem, Rihanna, not my cup of tea but they are the biggest around the now.

For this year, would hope the view get a shot(bias obvcourse) calvin harris, due a shot at headlining and an Oasis reunion, its kicking about there finally speaking again.

Last year was the best for years for me. Baffled. Each to their own.

It isn't in the sense that it draws bigger chart friendly acts, however this means the festival now caters less to those into more alternative music. This means its got worse for those like myself who attended up till 09 and before. I always had someone to go see and there was still plenty of mainstream acts for others. Now that mix isn't there.

Archived