Scottish Independence

xbl

Well you better get that Yes T-shirt for your dad now!

Jim Delahunt "I’m definitely for – we have incredible intellect in this country and we’re big enough and ugly enough to give it a go.”

- See more at: http://nationalcollective.com/2012/08/30/50-artists-creatives-who-support-scottish-independence/#sthash.M3LKVHpy.dpuf

Yas!

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've absolutely no idea why this hasn't clicked until now: Westminster decides to let the Scottish public decide for themselves and then suddenly tries to persuade us all to vote No as soon as soon as Yes has a real possibility of winning.

I thought this was what we've all been complaining about since the attacks in the main stream London based media started about 2 years ago.

The whole "we want to leave the decision to the Scots" thing was blown out of the water with Cameron going on live television to deliver an unchallenged speech begging for everyone who has family and friends in Scotland to contact them and beg them to vote No. It's clear that worked well for him.

I find this article hilarious.

Alex Salmond: Meet the bully behind the mask

Poor Ben Riley-Smith must be utterly traumatised by the FM laughing at him and getting somebody else to write an article about how insulted he was. It's probably the first time the Cambridge graduate with the double barrelled name hasn't got his way.

The thing you need to look at, and I'm not sure is how often does Bill Leckie's opinion piece get front page billing. If it is not often at all, I think it will be the beginning of the Sun putting it's had on the yes peg.

It's the same with the Record, who have today gone with No, and tomorrow with Yes. They know if they get it wrong it could effect their readership even more.

It's getting to that stage where fence sitting is no longer an option.

Leckie was apparently a big No voter before. Think it'll persuade my dad who is also a No but is warming to the idea. He'll consider Leckie's opinion more than mine.

I thought this was what we've all been complaining about since the attacks in the main stream London based media started about 2 years ago.

The whole "we want to leave the decision to the Scots" thing was blown out of the water with Cameron going on live television to deliver an unchallenged speech begging for everyone who has family and friends in Scotland to contact them and beg them to vote No. It's clear that worked well for him.

Cameron himself we knew about but from what I saw in PM's Questions yesterday there were more MP's waking up to it saying that they've been too complacent and that everyone should 'stand shoulder to shoulder to prevent this'.

That was before another admitted that he was against a Yes vote because "it would make the United Kingdom a laughing stock". Good to know the real reasons behind it.

Anyone catch Jeane Freeman just there on bbcdp? Absolutely all guns blazing, and made the clearest nhs argument to date. Good watch.

Nick ross made an interesting point, comparing Scotland to France - who find themselves in trouble right now. That's probably linked with being in the Euro, and obviously not having oil, right..??

Edit: Spelling and grammar.

Anyone catch Jeane Freeman just there on bbcdp? Absolutely all guns blazing, and made the clearest nhs argument to date. Good watch.

Nick ross made an interesting point, comparing Scotland to France - who find themselves in trouble right now. That's probably linked with being in the Euro, and obviously not having oil, right..??

Edit: Spelling and grammar.

France are in a better position than the UK.

The only reason that it appears otherwise is because the UK are borrowing and spending tens of billions of pounds more than France. In 2013 the UK deficit was 5.8% of GDP or €110bln and France was 4.5% or €87bln.

In fact over the last 5 years the UK has borrowed and spent over €150,000,000,000 more than France. Also, you have to go back to 2003 to find the last time that France borrowed more than the UK.

Source: http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/tgm/refreshTableAction.do?tab=table&plugin=1&pcode=tec00127&language=en

ETA: Too many uses of the word fact.

Archived