Scottish Independence - How will you vote? MkII

Ludo*1

490 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreed, but who are the council in charge? The SNP/Labour council have made these decisions not Westminster. They have made a massive c u next Tuesday of things with the trams and are offsetting the losses. I may be wrong, but there are a lot of people see this the same way.

I think you will find that your local authority budget cuts are a direct result of westminsters austerity measures.

Also, who made a c**t of the trams?

No from me. I think that there's too many questions that haven't been fully answered. I find irony in the fact they are going to improve education, yet the SNP/Labour council are projecting to cut millions from their education budget in the coming years. Education standards are bad enough. My son could potentially go to a school where he is in a 25% minority of Scottish kids (50% Eastern European & 25% West African) currently. That is only likely to get worse with the cut of the education budget as there will not be enough assistants in the school. Edinburghshire schools are over crowded as they are. That's only part of the reason however.

What questions would you like answered and who are you blaming for not answering them?

We could spend more money on schools if it wasn't being wasted on waging foreign wars and nuclear weapons. Just a thought.

As opposed to a massive £750,000,000 that has been spunked up against a wall on a massive train set with some pieces missing? That could have done a lot for education in Scotland.

As opposed to a massive £750,000,000 that has been spunked up against a wall on a massive train set with some pieces missing? That could have done a lot for education in Scotland.

Oh dear. It was the Labour/Lib Dem diddy coalition who had the tram nightmare.

Edinburgh council and the labour government at the time are nothing to do with Scottish Independence. Next question?

The trams will prove worth it and will be extended pretty soon in my opinion. We're already seeing investment along the route.

Agreed, but who are the council in charge? The SNP/Labour council have made these decisions not Westminster. They have made a massive c u next Tuesday of things with the trams and are offsetting the losses. I may be wrong, but there are a lot of people see this the same way.

The trams were Labour alone and you should probably note that the effect of cuts on the Scottish Handout may well affect how much is available to local councils. Plus you can vote for whoever the hell you like in an independent Scotland, it won't be a one-party state.

I like trams, we should have trams in Glasgow. Certainly preferable to all those shitey First buses. Some other countries actually manage to get major building projects such as mass transit built on time and on a fraction of the budget. The real problem with the Edinburgh trams is they were put in by a bunch of complete fucking idiots.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

I'm proud to be british, and it's probably financial suicide but my hatred for the Tories run so deep I'm willing to vote for independence because we will never have Tories in power again

I'm glad you're voting yes, but financial suicide it is not.

It'll be a Yes from me. Nothing has changed, I have always had the belief that Scotland deserves the right to self determination and the No campaign have done absolutely nothing to convince me that we'd be better of remaining part of the Union.

My partner, who is English, is also leaning towards a Yes vote. We would rather not have our daughter brought up within 20 miles of nuclear weapons.

Having previously lived south of the border for over five years I'm convinced that the social needs and political wishes of Scotland and England are different. We deserve the right to shape our own future, a right shared by millions of people worldwide.

"If not us, then who? If not now, then when?"

Edinburgh council and the labour government at the time are nothing to do with Scottish Independence. Next question?

I think his point might be that just because decisions are made at a more local level, it doesn't necessarily make them better decisions.

Edited by sparky88

This poll compared to the last:

Yes (75 votes [75.76%] - View)

No (14 votes [14.14%] - View)

Undecided (10 votes [10.10%] - View)

Old poll

Yes (648 votes [66.12%])

No (263 votes [26.84%])

Undecided (69 votes [7.04%])

We've made quite a difference on here with the yes vote rising and no decreasing. Pleasing.

Might I suggest that the difference between the polls could be that this one isn't anonymous !?

I was surprised when I declared myself a 'No' vote on the other thread as it resulted in a flurry of posts telling me I was ignorant, had low self-esteem, I was a shitebag, had self-loathing and was an embarrassment .... amongst other stuff :P

Now I'm quite happy to bat all that away, and to be honest most of it is true :P but there will be folk who aren't prepared to take the flack !

There's no doubt that the majority of P&B posters are 'Yes' voters but there's currently been 2500 views of the thread and only 166 votes so far so perhaps a few folk are not prepared to declare themselves as shitebags !?

I don't see that as relevant, also I thought you were leaning to undecided now? Or was that someone else?

I'm more than prepared to listen to reason and there have been some excellent posts on the subject on here - the initial reaction to my first post kinda had me thinking 'f'ck yooz !!' though !

I also have to admit that what is said on P&B and what is being said at work and with my friends is almost polar opposite though - most folk I've spoken to in person would be 'No' votes !