Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Imagine being a Scot on polling day and actually voting away your own money, your power to make decisions and voting to maintain a democratic deficit. What sort of person would actually do that? What benefits would thing bring to yourself, your family or your country?

You're never going to have that money, or power. And the democratic deficit will always exist. The only political system that would actually get rid of those would be anarchy.

All you're really choosing between is whether Edinburgh or London controls this. Let's not pretend there wouldn't be a democratic deficit in a lone Scotland, it's not like there aren't areas which influence the vote more than others. Plenty swing seats in Scottish elections....

Imagine being a Scot on polling day and actually voting away your own money, your power to make decisions and voting to maintain a democratic deficit. What sort of person would actually do that? What benefits would thing bring to yourself, your family or your country?

UK Polling Report website has selection of Polls since January 2012, only once is there a poll with Yes Scotland in the lead and that same poll is the only poll with "Yes" vote polling over 40% and that poll was done by Panalbase commissioned by the SNP

UK Polling Report website has selection of Polls since January 2012, only once is there a poll with Yes Scotland in the lead and that same poll is the only poll with "Yes" vote polling over 40% and that poll was done by Panalbase commissioned by the SNP

As far as I can see nobody is really saying that Yes is in the lead right now.

There's still quite a long time to go - and there are a few small signs that the gap is narrowing.

The BT campaign is also starting to look a little rattled by throwing ultimatums and threats into the mix, which usually isn't a good sign. I still think it will be very close. Yes still have it all to do but I'm still quite hopeful.

As far as I can see nobody is really saying that Yes is in the lead right now.

There's still quite a long time to go - and there are a few small signs that the gap is narrowing.

The BT campaign is also starting to look a little rattled by throwing ultimatums and threats into the mix, which usually isn't a good sign. I still think it will be very close. Yes still have it all to do but I'm still quite hopeful.

The SNP have pretty much being campaigning since they won the last Scottish election in 2011, and they have a highly unpopular government in London, which should work in their favour, but the polls are not reflecting this, in my view

Think both sides have looked a little "ragged" recently, but these polls show very little change since the publishing of the white paper, that was 4 months ago and only 200 days to go

Edited by ecto

The SNP have pretty much being campaigning since they won the last Scottish election in 2011, and they have a highly unpopular government in London, which should work in their favour, but the polls are not reflecting this, in my view

Think both sides have looked a little "ragged" recently, but these polls show very little change since the publishing of the white paper, that was 4 months ago and only 200 days to go

200 days is a long time in something like this. Plenty of folk aren't giving this serious thought so the real action will be in the last month or so.

I think the Yes campaign are having to withstand heavy pressure but that was always going to be the case. BT seem to be trying to land a knock-out blow but that doesn't seem to have worked either.

All to play for.

Yep because fear is driving the No vote and the slightest threat regardless of how laughable will cause some to uncontrollably shit their pants at the crucial moment.

Whether we have enough voters brave enough to stand up to this tide of ridiculous bullying is debatable.

We've missed you XBL.