Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Anyone else worried the unpublished poll is some masterful trolling where Yes expend energy getting it published and the results are a bigger No lead?

They will be making sure of the that,its why its taking to long to publish,but if it were a bigger lead it would have been headline stuff across the hootsman and the beeb

Anyone else worried the unpublished poll is some masterful trolling where Yes expend energy getting it published and the results are a bigger No lead?

Is the poll not from January anyway? Regardless, that would require the slightest degree of competence from Team No.

Adlib's entire operating procedure is to completely deconstruct the Independence argument whilst claiming that he is voting YES. He justifies this by claiming that an Indy Scotland will be very different from the vision that most YES supporters have and that suits his right wing ideals and thinking just fine. He will never engage in a debate with a unionist about the merits of Indy nor ever criticise a unionist perspective, perception, politician, theory, scare story or opinion in any way whatsoever.

Libby makes a better case for No than the party hacks running BT.

Libby makes a better case for No than the party hacks running BT.

He also tells us all that the reasons that we are voting Yes, is all wrong.

I have asked for his reason, (all he gives is that he believes there will be no more powers) but he wont give any FACTS on the matter.

SHAME ON HIM.

It is a him isnt it??

He also tells us all that the reasons that we are voting Yes, is all wrong.

I have asked for his reason, (all he gives is that he believes there will be no more powers) but he wont give any FACTS on the matter.

SHAME ON HIM.

It is a him isnt it??

What facts would you like?

Fact: I want Scotland to be as near fully fiscally autonomous as possible within a federal power structure

Fact: Labour don't promise this and promise in any case a very poor alternative in their devolution proposals

Fact: The Tories have not offered anything remotely close to what I want (albeit their report isn't out yet)

Fact: It would take a monumental upturn in fortunes for the Lib Dems to be able to implement the degree of fiscal autonomy they want to give Scotland, which would have been a significant positive step towards what I want

Leading to opinion: that to get a fiscally autonomous Scotland with a federal power structure or something approaching it, the path of least resistance is to vote Yes.

Fact: I want Scotland to be as near fully fiscally autonomous as possible within a federal power structure

Fact: Labour don't promise this and promise in any case a very poor alternative in their devolution proposals

Fact: The Tories have not offered anything remotely close to what I want (albeit their report isn't out yet)

Fact: It would take a monumental upturn in fortunes for the Lib Dems to be able to implement the degree of fiscal autonomy they want to give Scotland, which would have been a significant positive step towards what I want

Leading to opinion: that to get a fiscally autonomous Scotland with a federal power structure or something approaching it, the path of least resistance is to vote Yes.

But you hate the English as well don't you?

Dont you think you should spend your time convincing danny alexander and mingis campbell this?

Dont you get the FEEL that" we get the best of both worlds" then?

Dont you think you should spend your time convincing danny alexander and mingis campbell this?

Dont you get the FEEL that" we get the best of both worlds" then?

I have tried to make the case for full fiscal autonomy within the Lib Dems. I have been unsuccessful.

I don't think that independence is necessarily the best possible constitutional settlement but I believe it is the least worst among the most credibly attainable at this point in time.

I have tried to make the case for full fiscal autonomy within the Lib Dems. I have been unsuccessful.

I don't think that independence is necessarily the best possible constitutional settlement but I believe it is the least worst among the most credibly attainable at this point in time.

What do you think is the best constitutional settlement for Scotland? Genuine question.

What do you think is the best constitutional settlement for Scotland? Genuine question.

A federal union with shared foreign policy and defence provision funded either out of limited central taxation or agreed levies on state governments.

A federal union with shared foreign policy and defence provision funded either out of limited central taxation or agreed levies on state governments.

That would comfortably carry the population of the country, I'm not so keen on our foreign and defence policies in recent decades,

REALLY?

Yes. I think we should have common defence and international relations as widely as possible. For the same reasons, I support greater integration of these issues with the rest of the EU, and the UK's participation in any such venture is essential if it is to be powerful and to last.

Yes. I think we should have common defence and international relations as widely as possible. For the same reasons, I support greater integration of these issues with the rest of the EU, and the UK's participation in any such venture is essential if it is to be powerful and to last.

Well, whyever not. Let's continue being the world's police, sticking our noses in where they're not wanted, to massive expense and international hatred.

What fun.

How does a 'shared' foreign policy work anyway? 'Sorry Dave, I'm afraid Scotland doesn't support your latest campaign of bombing dusky foreigners - best call the Defence Ministry and Washington to put the campaign on hold?'

Nope - a 'shared foreign policy' in fact entails delegating responsibility for foreign policy decisions, to the establishment that still considers itself to be a global military power and embroils itself in conflict accordingly, across the globe, to massive, ruinous fiscal expense.