Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I've heard of Populus before. In fact, I'd be amazed if you've never heard of them. I'm surprised if this is their first poll on this.

EDIT: Also, I did a yougov poll a couple of nights ago. A lot of questions before the actual independence question, but other than that, the questions weren't quite as leading as usual.

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

Best odds I can see is 11/50 for NO with Betway. (Odds shortening)

Best for YES is 3/1 with Betfair (Odds drifting)

I thought I was stealing money last June when I backed YES at 3/1. Looks as though I've chucked a ton away. :shutup

Doesn't quite paint the full picture though, here's odd less than 3/1:

11/4 - Bet365, Skybet, Betfred, Betvictor, Coral, William Hill, Bwin, Youwin

5/2 - Sportingbet, Stan James, Winner, Spreadex

27/10 - 888sport, Unibet

14/5 - Betway

Happy to correct you.

:)

Edited by Confidemus

Doesn't quite paint the full picture though, here's odd less than 3/1:

11/4 - Bet365, Skybet, Betfred, Betvictor, Coral, William Hill, Bwin, Youwin

5/2 - Sportingbet, Stan James, Winner, Spreadex

27/10 - 888sport, Unibet

14/5 - Betway

Happy to correct you.

He did say best odds, so you're not correcting him at all. If you're going to bet on yes, surely you'd want the best price? :unsure:

He did say best odds, so you're not correcting him at all. If you're going to bet on yes, surely you'd want the best price? :unsure:

What I did say, Lexington, is that the odds he gave don't paint the overall picture. But correct away, by all means, seems to be your new sport in the off season.

What I did say, Lexington, is that the odds he gave don't paint the overall picture. But correct away, by all means, seems to be your new sport in the off season.

Well if you're looking for worst odds, why not post the worst odds for no aswell? Bit of balance and all that :)

Feel free, flower x

Okok.

Well tryfield has posted the best available odds for both outcomes, so any potential punters should use them.

However, if there's any punters out there who wish to bet on the referendum and be ripped off in the process, use Confi's companies for yes and this company for no:

Boylesports will give you an eye wateringly poor 1/5 on for a no vote to be returned. Fill your boots!

Who are Populus?

I assume they have passed your rigorous standards and you have been through their methodology with a fine-toothed comb as is your wont?

Ah wait - "support for an independent Scotland at 46% " - no need for any scrutiny! I forgot...

Pretty well known organisation and member of the British Polling Council.

Haven't seen the data tables yet to make comment on the methodology

Ah the Commonwealth Games. A nasty move by the SNP dictatorship to shamelessly promote Scotland. No way would Cameron use the Olympics of two years ago as a political argument for remaining in the Union.

I

The SG should be ashamed of themselves if they think that Scotland holding an enormous event such as this successfully should be held up as an example of it's potential.

Down with this sort of self promotional nastiness.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/27746794

Pretty well known organisation and member of the British Polling Council.

Haven't seen the data tables yet to make comment on the methodology

no chance of that happening on this thread, this appears to be a good news poll for YES Scotland, so this will be "move along nothing to see here", we will take it and bask in its glory

no chance of that happening on this thread, this appears to be a good news poll for YES Scotland, so this will be "move along nothing to see here", we will take it and bask in its glory

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Seen the data tables for the Populus poll.

In my opinion can't be taken as a credible poll as sample size too small and they didn't ask the referendum question.

Yeah, definitely an iffy one. Not paying much attention to this poll. Be good if a decent sample sized and properly weighted with a representative demographic poll was coming out shortly!

I genuinely am starting to struggle with your grasp of basic English.

I pity you, more than anything.

I know there is no place for poor grammer, although I feel my grammer is fine