Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Ah, the close cousin of the 'You're either with us or against us' line. I might say that anyone who can't see that the vote is largely irrelevant is a bloody idiot, but that wouldn't be nice. So I'll stick with 'deluded'.

No, I'm afraid your fascist interpretation of free speech doesn't apply here. If you can't handle an alternative view then maybe a discussion forum isn't the place for you.

Resident Yes seethemonkey in blind seethe shocker :lol:

The irony of you throwing accusations of seethe around shows how incredibly thick you are. You really are an angry little chap.

Maybe to you it is, it's not to the large minority of non-voters.

Madman? Twat? :lol: You're not a very good advert for the tolerance of the average Yes voter.

If NO voters want to waist their ballot paper then carry on.

Yeah your right. Not a good advert. I should just stick to calling you a fascist.

If NO voters want to waist their ballot paper then carry on.

Yeah your right. Not a good advert. I should just stick to calling you a fascist.

Somebody will be along in a minute telling you to "belt up"...

I notice there's been a lot of this nonsense recently. It's one of the most dishonest arguments going. Scotland is not a bloc vote that's somehow not being represented.

People don't vote down ethnic lines - bar the ethnic nationalists that troll these pages. People vote along political lines. If anything the argument is that the UK does not get the government it votes for because of FPTP. One could also say that becsuse of the disproprotionate nature of AMS that Scotland did not get the government it voted for in 2011 either.

I can understand that a case can be made for bringing government closer to the people - that's a different argument altogether. However, I believe it can be done in a better way than the pseudo-independence on offer.

The SNP got 23, of the votes of all of those eligible to vote in 2011, but many of these votes were protest votes or tactical votes. This gave them a majority of seats in Holyrood. In the 2014 Euro elections the SNP got about 29%. Probably a good indicator of their yes vote in the referendum.

As for Scotland being a fairer place. Just ask the Shetland islanders who were denied the right to self determination by the SNP dominated Holyrood when their petition for their own referendum was rejected by the SNP dominated Holyrood.

Yes. You seem to find this surprising for some reason.

Almost as many Scots voted for the current Westminster government, as voted for the current Holyrood administration

Yes; almost.

The union contains constituent countries. My country, Scotland, has a democratic deficit when Westminster governments are elected. There is no disputing this.

What no voters could say is "I can accept the deficit as I believe the benefits are outweighed by our loss of democracy". They could say this but they don't.

Yes; almost.

The union contains constituent countries.

It contains constituencies. Each constituency elects an MP.

Scotland is actually marginally overrepresented as a region.

The SNP got 23, of the votes of all of those eligible to vote in 2011, but many of these votes were protest votes or tactical votes. This gave them a majority of seats in Holyrood. In the 2014 Euro elections the SNP got about 29%. Probably a good indicator of their yes vote in the referendum.

As for Scotland being a fairer place. Just ask the Shetland islanders who were denied the right to self determination by the SNP dominated Holyrood when their petition for their own referendum was rejected by the SNP dominated Holyrood.

Holyrood doesn't have the power to grant or deny the Shetlands independence you weapon.

In terms of population.

Its 10% underrepresented in terms of financial input.

He's just trying to be a smart arse and assert that Scotland is a region.

Where as everyone with a modicum of common sense knows otherwise.