Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Every media source seems to be reporting it as such - is there perhaps two different types of polling methodology in use from ICM. Could the 49-51 from a few days ago be using some different method?

Unless they are going from their last ICM/Scotsman poll. Because it's Y down 6, N up 6 based on the 700 size poll from Saturday and 1 down based on the Guardian's telephone poll.

Gordon SmartVerified account @gordonsmart

Editor, The Scottish Sun

Perthshire/Glasgow/London · gordonmurraysmart.tumblr.com

1. I think it's time for @ScottishSun to have our say on the #indyref. Coming soon...

Oh you tease...!!!

Edited by Well Well

This can't be seen as a good result, can it? Anyone watching the Dimbleby interviews?

If you look at the median of recent results, it's in the mix, an is still technically a statistical tie. I think if Survation comes out the same we are going to go into polling day at 48-49% in the polls. Good enough? Depends on a lot of factors. The youth vote and C2D2E newly registered boters breaking yes, a soft edge to the yes vote, turnout......

Editor, The Scottish Sun

1. I think it's time for @ScottishSun to have our say on the #indyref. Coming soon...

Oh you tease...!!!

Salmond's wife to be the first page 3 'pull out' in an independent Scotland. :P

I keep shiting it a wee bit whenever I see a new poll that has No ahead, but then I remember that I've never been asked anything by a polling organisation. Presumably 95% of the country is in the same boat.

It doesn't work like that, a statistically significant sample should be able to discern to a reasonable degree od accuracy of a larger population, assuming it's weighed right of course.

Scottish Sun gonna declare as No? The polls indicate it's going to be a No, and the Sun is the biggest whore out there, can't see them going for Yes no matter the coverage they've been dishing out.

I wouldn't worry too much. Remember the anti-SNP front page on election day 2007?

Editor, The Scottish Sun

Mealy mouthed half way house of an opinion please. Don't want their support.