Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

First poll on independence as far as I'm aware since 18th Sept. Good to see support for independence hasn't diminished, in fact it's increased!

YouGov -:

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Yes 52% (+7)

No 48% (-7)

That must REALLY hurt :lol::lol::lol:

Au Contraire.

It merely suggests that the campaign for an independent Scotland will go on and on. It's far from dead in the water. You're not going to change the way people think about that.

The annihilation of Labour and the Tories (in Scotland) at the May election will herald the dawn of a new era in Scottish politics.

Mark my words.

:)

Au Contraire.

It merely suggests that the campaign for an independent Scotland will go on and on. It's far from dead in the water. You're not going to change the way people think about that.

The annihilation of Labour and the Tories (in Scotland) at the May election will herald the dawn of a new era in Scottish politics.

Mark my words.

2 months later? Of course there'll be fervour for 2 years for independence but once the fact that there won't be a referendum for years sets in and the students get jobs, people get disillusioned by Nicola, it'll die out. People are no longer patient. In days gone by they were but now they get fed up quickly

C'mon admit it, you're getting that sick feeling again.

This is not really going to plan since the No vote is it?

:lol: Are you still dropping tears on your keyboard and trying to influence people to change their minds?

Ah now I know how those No to Yes conversion anecdotes really panned out

2 months later? Of course there'll be fervour for 2 years for independence but once the fact that there won't be a referendum for years sets in and the students get jobs, people get disillusioned by Nicola, it'll die out. People are no longer patient. In days gone by they were but now they get fed up quickly

Disillusioned?

I honestly thought when the referendum was announced (Edinburgh Agreement) October, 2012, that No would win by the proverbial landslide.

Westminster got the fright of their fucking lives in that final 2 weeks of the campaign. That fact alone will ensure that the fight and the movement towards independence will continue unabated.

The good guys called this all along.

I knew the no vote was very likely in September, but it's obvious that the Scottish Parliament will now get more powers after all the promises. If not, the Westminster parties seriously risk alienating soft no voters.

The SNP will continue to show competent governance after these powers are delivered and when the last of the post-imperial old codgers die off, independence is an inevitability in 10, 15, 20 years time.

The good guys called this all along.

I knew the no vote was very likely in September, but it's obvious that the Scottish Parliament will now get more powers after all the promises. If not, the Westminster parties seriously risk alienating soft no voters.

The SNP will continue to show competent governance after these powers are delivered and when the last of the post-imperial old codgers die off, independence is an inevitability in 10, 15, 20 years time.

^^^

And you were correct.

Well done.

They had the question. They had a TWO YEAR long campaign (the longest campaign in political history here. They were allowed to decide who could vote. They were able to decide WHEN the vote was to be. They had access to the lottery winners cash. They had far more activists. They had the government machine at Holyrood to use. They had british civil servants operating on their behalf

They still took a total gubbing. :lol:

Edited by Reynard

They had the question. They had a TWO YEAR long campaign (the longest campaign in political history here. They were allowed to decide who could vote. They were able to decide WHEN the vote was to be. They had access to the lottery winners cash. They had far more activists. They had the government machine at Holyrood to use. They had british civil servants operating on their behalf

They still took a total gubbing. :lol:

You forgot to mention they had the power of the entire mainstream media at their disposal.

And of course the good old-fashioned British establishment to tap for funding, favours, and string that require pulling.

You forgot to mention they had the power of the entire mainstream media at their disposal.

And of course the good old-fashioned British establishment to tap for funding, favours, and string that require pulling.

If you are talking about newspapers then fair enough. But as we all know, newspaper circulation has been in decline since the internet fired up. The nats had by FAR a bigger online presence which we were assured by the clown collective would be VERY significant for them at the start of this.

You still lost. Heavily.

If you are talking about newspapers then fair enough. But as we all know, newspaper circulation has been in decline since the internet fired up. The nats had by FAR a bigger online presence which we were assured by the clown collective would be VERY significant for them at the start of this.

You still lost. Heavily.

In decline yeah but still a main-stay for thousands of folk in Scotland - especially the older ones who voted No.

in future years the newspapers will play even less of a role. The Yes campaign will also have a campaign to deal with the BBC bias - which took a few folk by surprise I reckon.

The online presence was due to the fact that young, engaged people were usually Yes voters and that isn't going to change in the future.

Like The Guardian? They have a poll telling us that an independence referendum would return a "Yes" with the caveat that it would have to be held today. It's been quoted by your chronies and indeed celebrated by you. So are they part of a conspiracy or an ally? Can you alleviate my confusion at this anomaly?