Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

:lol:

The behaviour of Yes supporters on here has been absolutely shameful.

Some of the posts over the last couple of weeks have been beyond disgrace. The lies, the scaremongering... the horrendous bias and campaign of negativity and fear.

The good thing for Scotland as a wider consideration is that thus cesspit of a sub forum is not at all representative of the wider debate.

The disgusting posts from Yes supporters on here should not reflect on the main Yes campaign which has i think been largely good and well meaning.

After the No vote I'd like to think many if the shrill disgraces on here will feel ashamed of themselves though perhaps not.

In a crowd like situation as the Yes circle jerk on here is it encourages this sort of descent into stupidity.

^^^ rattled

That would be made a lot easier if the one side hadn't spent 2 years lying, misleading, threatening, intimidating, bullying and constantly talking down the other.

We could also do with a bit less of the smug, arrogant, pompous, condescending and patronising bollox from No voters on this forum and others.

You are asking a lot of people to simply forget all of that overnight.

The entire No campaign has been a disgrace and there will be peaceful consequences after the vote for those who have betrayed their country and their people.

Some may find they will need to seek out new friends. Some companies may find their products are no longer wanted by Scots. Some newspapers (like the Scotsman) may lose their readership for their smug presumptiousness in trying to influence the vote directly rather than simply report the news and some political parties such as Labour will possibly die as a result of their betrayal.

For me, the hardest thing to cope with is the utter betrayal I feel from so many people.

It's their smugness and glee at displaying that betrayal which is worse.

This isn't just another vote. This is about personal freedom.

In other countries people have died to get days like this and people like you have simply dismissed us out of hand as being dreamers.

You have seriously underestimated the level of emotional investment Yes voters have made in this campaign and it's that lack of respect which is causing problems.

What an abortion of a post. People have died to give us the freedom to vote how we choose, not to vote for a specific party or ideal. I know many people for both sides and every one of them is voting the way they are because they believe it is best for them and this country. They may be mistaken, but they are doing what they feel is right. To say that they are displaying some kind of betrayal just shows the very small mindedness that you accuse them of having.

I hope it's a Yes vote on Thursday, and if it is it will be because of people who have talked with empathy and passion, people who understand the geniune concerns that normal people have and have talked them round. It wont be because of people who have displayed a paranoid, bitter, small man syndrome like you.

Lex, the day you educate anyone on the mechanics of betting will be the day the God pokes his head from the clouds. Away with you.

I'm asking to be educated. Hence the question.

Yesterday the bookies were "wrong" (lol) about Liverpool, Tottenham, Real Madrid, PSG, PSV, Hearts etc etc etc x googolplex.

Did I bet against all these teams? No, the bookies were also "right" about Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Hibs etc etc etc. "The bookies are usually right" is a childlike over simplification of probability. In any case, 2/7 is by no means some kind of banker anyway. Put a couple of those fellas on your accumulator and more often that not, it won't come in.

Is a No vote the most probable at this stage? Imo, Yes.

Is it somehow a certainty because the bookies are offering odds that aren't even that one sided in the scheme of things? No.

Is Lex a total moron? Yes.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Yesterday the bookies were "wrong" (lol) about Liverpool, Tottenham, Real Madrid, PSG, PSV, Hearts etc etc etc x googolplex.

Did I bet against all these teams? No, the bookies were also "right" about Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Hibs etc etc etc. "The bookies are usually right" is a childlike over simplification of probability. In any case, 2/7 is by no means some kind of banker anyway. Put a couple of those fellas on your accumulator and more often that not, it won't come in.

Is a No vote the most probable at this stage? Imo, Yes.

Is it somehow a certainty because the bookies are offering odds that aren't even that one sided in the scheme of things? No.

Is Lex a total moron? Yes.

Head's gone :lol:

Even in an independent Scotland with vast additional resources being allocated to education this may prove too difficult.

Stick to saving pictures of boys on your computer, you old creep.

Like equality the pollsters have manifestly ignored the undercurrent of those in society. Those who don't have credit cards or mortgages, that don't show up on credit rating reports, those who haven't been on the electoral register until for this vote, those who wouldn't give a pollster the time of day.

It's those people who the polls ignore and it's those people that I believe will be the reason why on the ground we see lots of support for Yes, while in the polls it's far more even.

I've said from the start the picture the polls were painting wasn't correct, and I kept to that opinion even though they have narrowed.