Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Bit harsh saying folk want to be heroes by giving blood. They don't give out medals at the blood transfusion service iirc, all I got was a chocolate bourbon and a cup of orange kioara.

The biscuits have improved no end, tea cakes, caramel logs...

I'm going through Glasgow on my way to Ayr. Want to give blood even I am absolutely terrified of needles. If there's a Tunnock's caramel wafer in it for me then I'm in.

Only kidding, I'll give some anyway.

This from blood scotland

"Blood stocks adequate at this time

30 November 2013

In light of the major incident in Glasgow last night, please be assured that blood stocks are adequate at this time.

Should we need donors to come forward to replenish stocks, we wil let you know.

Thank you."

People obviously wanting to be heroes. :unsure:

Have they hunted Smeato?

We've had folk implying Murphy was milking it, folk saying it's a Rangers pub among other shite, it's time for some to think b4 they post on certain threads, it's fcuking embarrassing and that's b4 we add in the imbeciles behind Murphy in his interviews.

Personally I felt that as a sober MP, Murphy's demeanor in the early interviews showed exactly what it means for a normal person to be involved in something like this.

Yeah google street viewed it there and know the place. Pretty sure its a staunch Rangers pub

Idiot. Both The Clutha and The Scotia just up the road have been well known music pubs for years and years.

Not everywhere in Glasgow is tainted with sectarian sh*te

Some of the comments on this thread make me ashamed of my fellow countrymen and sickened that people can make light of this awful tragedy. Trying to be funny is not smart and shows a real lack of humanity. I trust the worst offenders don't have the benefit of this forum to spout their bile in the future.

We've had folk implying Murphy was milking it, folk saying it's a Rangers pub among other shite, it's time for some to think b4 they post on certain threads, it's fcuking embarrassing and that's b4 we add in the imbeciles behind Murphy in his interviews.

Personally I felt that as a sober MP, Murphy's demeanor in the early interviews showed exactly what it means for a normal person to be involved in something like this.

Jim appears to be the only passerby who stopped his car, entered the scene then spent hours doing interviews after. Sorry, but I'll retain my cynicism over him.

Moving on from that, I think everyone is unified in their condolences for those involved. You get the impression there will be difficult news yet to come.

Someone on my Facebook trying to say it's the pilots fault and he should have landed in the Clyde. Some people completely baffle me.

The eyewitness that the BBC first used, Fraser, is a QP man that played in Esperanza so it's good to hear he is alright. Condolences to Lex & everyone else who may know someone who wasn't so fortunate.

Jim appears to be the only passerby who stopped his car, entered the scene then spent hours doing interviews after. Sorry, but I'll retain my cynicism over him.

Moving on from that, I think everyone is unified in their condolences for those involved. You get the impression there will be difficult news yet to come.

He's a well known figure, of course the journos want to hear from him over any averafe punter. Fucking hell.