Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

There's a two hour wait at Nelson Mandela Place for those without appointments. As GordieBoy mentioned, it would be good if those wanting to donate did so during the always tough Christmas period.

I'm struggling to comprehend the events of last night. Absolutely tragic accident and condolences go out to everyone affected.

Yeah, I'm going to wait until next week or there's an announcement saying they need donations urgently. There's no point overstretching an already busy service.

An extended member of my family was in the Clutha last night, going to see the Ska band playing. Thankfully he's alive, but has suffered a broken spine in 3 places as a slab from the roof landed on him. An absolutely horrific injury for him, but at least he's still alive. Others weren't so lucky.

Idiot. Both The Clutha and The Scotia just up the road have been well known music pubs for years and years.

Not everywhere in Glasgow is tainted with sectarian sh*te

I was merely saying that i thought it was a Rangers pub i wasn't trying to provoke such a hostile response. TWAT

This pretty much puts this "agenda" pish to bed.

Even if he did have an agenda (he didn't), at least he fucking helped. He didn't sit on Facebook or Twitter selling interviews to the highest bidder, he didn't stand around taking photos and videos and he hasn't made it all about him. He did a good thing and he's a top man for doing it. Edited by Mrs M

Even if he did have an agenda (he didn't), at least he fucking helped. He didn't sit on Facebook or Twitter selling interviews to the highest bidder, he didn't stand around taking photos and videos and he hasn't made it all about him. He did a good thing and he's a top man for doing it.

Well said Mrs M,never really taken to him but he did the right thing.

Can we save the arguements for another thread please?

Let's for once all just be together on one thing? It's a fucking heart wrenching situation and the police, fire crews and general public did and still are doing a tremendous job.

An extended member of my family was in the Clutha last night, going to see the Ska band playing. Thankfully he's alive, but has suffered a broken spine in 3 places as a slab from the roof landed on him. An absolutely horrific injury for him, but at least he's still alive. Others weren't so lucky.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery, pal.

Fucking hell. That is a horrendous injury

Utterly horrible!!

It's always puzzled me that some incidents are fair game on here whilst others aren't. What's the criteria for some people I wonder?

Horrible accident. Thoughts go out to anyone affected.

If it's local, people seem more on edge. Edited by LinkinFighter

Really sorry to hear that, pal. Wishing for the best.

Christ. That's horrific.

Hope he recovers fully.

Jokes are not about individuals involved. They can be about the situation and the reaction to it. What is more offensive is clowns seriously speculating about cause and outcome when they know f**k all. I also can't go grief junkies telling us about their deep shock....you're not, you might be surprised or even a bit concerned, we all are, but you're not involved so shut up.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Did anyone hear the reporter on the BBC haranguing the chief fire officer?

Were there injuries?

What did they look like?

Yeah but how badly were they injured?

What were the injuries like?

Dick.

Can we save the arguements for another thread please?

Let's for once all just be together on one thing? It's a fucking heart wrenching situation and the police, fire crews and general public did and still are doing a tremendous job.

I agree with those two posts. We wouldn't want people actually trying to find out information, or having opinions.

Didn't realise you had been appointed official griefmeister in charge.