Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Jim appears to be the only passerby who stopped his car, entered the scene then spent hours doing interviews after. Sorry, but I'll retain my cynicism over him.

Moving on from that, I think everyone is unified in their condolences for those involved. You get the impression there will be difficult news yet to come.

I'd be more disappointed if a politician driving by didn't help where possible, his eyes don't lie.

Your early post was shameful, if it was you.

We've had folk implying Murphy was milking it, folk saying it's a Rangers pub among other shite, it's time for some to think b4 they post on certain threads, it's fcuking embarrassing and that's b4 we add in the imbeciles behind Murphy in his interviews.

Personally I felt that as a sober MP, Murphy's demeanor in the early interviews showed exactly what it means for a normal person to be involved in something like this.

Exactly. He done what anyone would have, the guy was in a trance almost when getting interviewed, I genuinely hope he's okay.

Will it be at all possible for the numbskulls to take their sectarian, religious and all other shite and f**k off before posting.

As for MP Jim, if he had just stood there and done nothing people would have been seething, he does what i would hope anyone would do and people have a go at him questioning his actions. The press were speaking to anything and anyone in the area, wouldn't surprise me if they tried to interview a fox at one point.

Condolences to Lex and all who have had friends and family involved in this.

Someone on my Facebook trying to say it's the pilots fault and he should have landed in the Clyde. Some people completely baffle me.

The eyewitness that the BBC first used, Fraser, is a QP man that played in Esperanza so it's good to hear he is alright. Condolences to Lex & everyone else who may know someone who wasn't so fortunate.

Jesus christ, it's all well saying ridiculous things like this, but not one person would know how to react in the situation the pilot was in.

24 hour news channels are like those shopping channels, they have to fill airtime with everything and anything and end up making an arse of it by making stupid comments and asking stupid questions, the downside to having all access all the time 24 hour rolling news, sometimes they make things worse by theorising and speculating without firm evidence.

No surprise to see the odd 'joker' come out of the woodwork on a thread like this, pathetic as always.

I was planning on going but now I think I'll wait for the time being. It'll be incredibly busy this morning I would imagine. I don't know how many staff/places will actually be available to cope with it.

People just want to help. It stops them feeling a bit useless.

There's a two hour wait at Nelson Mandela Place for those without appointments. As GordieBoy mentioned, it would be good if those wanting to donate did so during the always tough Christmas period.

I'm struggling to comprehend the events of last night. Absolutely tragic accident and condolences go out to everyone affected.

Edited by The Naitch

Jim appears to be the only passerby who stopped his car, entered the scene then spent hours doing interviews after. Sorry, but I'll retain my cynicism over him.

Moving on from that, I think everyone is unified in their condolences for those involved. You get the impression there will be difficult news yet to come.

Jesus fcuking wept. Has it occurred to you that the press might just have recognised him and pestered him for interviews because he is an MP, rather than some other "unknown" passer by? The shock at what he has witnessed is written all over his face.

Condolences to all affected by it. As it turns out the sister of a Petershill player was working behind the bar in the Clutha last night, she is pretty badly injured but she will come through it. :(

This is piss-poor patter and not even true. Others from the outside, including a retired firefighter, went into the pub in the immediate aftermath of the crash to help people out and were subsequently interviewed by the News channels.

Jim Murphy had blood on his shirt, was visibly shaken, and went into an unsafe building to help other people out. Leave politics out of this. As a human being that, whatever others have also done in the aftermath of this incident, ought to be something regarded as something to which we should be saying "fair fucks" rather than "what's your agenda".

Jesus christ, it's all well saying ridiculous things like this, but not one person would know how to react in the situation the pilot was in.

I'm going on the likelihood that the pilot has probably jettisoned the fuel, otherwise there'd have been no one to rescue.

That aside, I agree that there's no telling how they'd react and no idea of the time they'd have to do it in.

Bit harsh saying folk want to be heroes by giving blood. They don't give out medals at the blood transfusion service iirc, all I got was a chocolate bourbon and a cup of orange kioara.

Scotblood give gold silver and bronze awards.

24 hour news channels are like those shopping channels, they have to fill airtime with everything and anything and end up making an arse of it by making stupid comments and asking stupid questions, the downside to having all access all the time 24 hour rolling news, sometimes they make things worse by theorising and speculating without firm evidence.

No surprise to see the odd 'joker' come out of the woodwork on a thread like this, pathetic as always.

You sometimes/ often end up with a surreal situation where the people in the studio get information before the reporters on the scene