SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

Possibly the wrong thread for this but I've a dog related question.

If a dog is registered at a vet under your name and is then reregistered at a different vet under a new name without your consent do you have any legal recourse to the new owner's contract info?

The story is essentially thus: shortly after breaking up I left the country and my ex rehomed our dog. I'll be back in Scotland soon and she's refusing to put me in touch with the new owners so I can see him (I'm not after him back, just to say goodbye).

I imagine data protection is very much against me but obviously if there's a way to get a message to the new owner I'd love to know.

Here he is in happier days.received_10154572422837616.jpeg

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

If a dog is registered at a vet under your name and is then reregistered at a different vet under a new name without your consent do you have any legal recourse to the new owner's contract info?

The story is essentially thus: shortly after breaking up I left the country and my ex rehomed our dog. I'll be back in Scotland soon and she's refusing to put me in touch with the new owners so I can see him (I'm not after him back, just to say goodbye).

I imagine data protection is very much against me but obviously if there's a way to get a message to the new owner I'd love to know.

Did you get him chipped? If so it might be possible to contact the microchip company to get them to alert you if he's registered at a new vet. 

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

You could ask your old vet to pass on a message to see if the new owners are willing. Hopefully your vet will be able to vouch for you not being a psycho.

57 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Nala, she destroys every toy that she gets but not these two for some reason, anytime someone comes into the house she takes them over as a present and anytime she goes to bed they go with her.20180831_214026.jpg

Patterdale,?