SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

Daschund still isn't for using garden. Upstairs landed outside bathroom door for a shit and wherever the f**k she's stood for a piss.

I tried puppy pads having avoided them but nah why make effort to use them.

After I shampoo the carpets this weekend the Stargate at top will be shut, which I feel bit bad about as it's Shugs escape and back to same spot every hour with instruction and treat.

She was due to have teeth out this week so was waiting until that outnway, but they've moved out from digging into pallette.

"Errr... this isn't funny now.  WTF is this tiny but potentially lethal thing walking towards me???"

image.png.ef3acf111fe8d52e298aa21e7d62bc25.png

PAW-POW!!!

"Errr... why's it not moving anymore?  Oi, you.  Make it start again"

Posted (edited)

Find ourselves back in the position of being on borrowed time with one of the dugs.

Skye's been slowing down over the past year or so (not entirely surprising, given she's now 14.5yo). Noticed she was struggling with stiffness in her back legs over the past couple of months. Went to the vet who reckoned it was probably arthritis given her age so started treatment for that. Didn't really see as much progress as we'd hoped, and last night she was suddenly quite unsteady on her back end so headed back to the vet.

Awaiting blood tests and urine results today but looking like she has dementia. No cure for that although seems a bit more settled and steady today. Found her on our bed yesterday and I have no clue how she is still getting up there.

20240704_122152.jpg

Edited by Rizzo

20 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Find ourselves back in the position of being on borrowed time with one of the dugs.

Skye's been slowing down over the past year or so (not entirely surprising, given she's now 14.5yo). Noticed she was struggling with stiffness in her back legs over the past couple of months. Went to the vet who reckoned it was probably arthritis given her age so started treatment for that. Didn't really see as much progress as we'd hoped, and last night she was suddenly quite unsteady on her back end so headed back to the vet.

Awaiting blood tests and urine results today but looking like she has dementia. No cure for that although seems a bit more settled and steady today. Found her on our bed yesterday and I have no clue how she is still getting up there.

20240704_122152.jpg

One of our labs had arthritis which meant she had stiff joints and we had her on Librela which definitely helped and was strongly recommended by the vet.

Good luck with what is the hardest part of owning a dog.

43 minutes ago, Frosty said:

One of our labs had arthritis which meant she had stiff joints and we had her on Librela which definitely helped and was strongly recommended by the vet.

Good luck with what is the hardest part of owning a dog.

Aye Skye's on librela and weekly physio at the moment, but it's not really made a huge amount of difference if I'm honest.

Noticed a bit of improvement when we started but it seemed to plateu quite quickly.

Ah well, let the spoiling commence.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Aye Skye's on librela and weekly physio at the moment, but it's not really made a huge amount of difference if I'm honest.

Noticed a bit of improvement when we started but it seemed to plateu quite quickly.

Ah well, let the spoiling commence.

Shug was out for his weekly walk with and back leg went again. Vet says alot muscle wastage and likely acute arthritis flare. Metacalm and reassess on Monday on long term. 

Poor Skye but you'll give her all the care.

On 05/07/2024 at 14:45, RH33 said:

Shug was out for his weekly walk with and back leg went again. Vet says alot muscle wastage and likely acute arthritis flare. Metacalm and reassess on Monday on long term. 

Poor Skye but you'll give her all the care.

Is it just the one leg Shug has trouble with? Hopefully the vets can suggest something for him. Skye has another appointment on Tueaday as well.