SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Keep us posted please. We’ve been debating the point about getting another lab but with the big chap being very well behaved not digging the garden and toileting off site we’re fearful of it all going to shite (which, I know, is of course the whole damn point). 

Be interested to hear your real world experience of bringing a pup on board. 

They shite everywhere. But the other two haven't regressed.

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Keep us posted please. We’ve been debating the point about getting another lab but with the big chap being very well behaved not digging the garden and toileting off site we’re fearful of it all going to shite (which, I know, is of course the whole damn point). 

Be interested to hear your real world experience of bringing a pup on board. 

I ken a boy that's selling puppies....

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I ken a boy that's selling puppies....

Cheers man but I think you said something about a Great Dane cross? The dog I’ve got pulls like a train as it is - entirely my fault for not putting the time in when he was a pup, I know - that’s the last thing I need! 

Spoiler

image.gif.71d27712251d1ebbef852d8cd0d65a12.gif

36 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Cheers man but I think you said something about a Great Dane cross? The dog I’ve got pulls like a train as it is - entirely my fault for not putting the time in when he was a pup, I know - that’s the last thing I need! 

Hide contents

image.gif.71d27712251d1ebbef852d8cd0d65a12.gif

Yeah, mum is a Great Dane crossed with a Bullmastiff and dad is a Springer cossed with a Cocker.

Their current weight is around the 5kg, heading towards Lab size.

26 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I do like your desk being moved to here mum.....

IMG_20240215_103458.jpg

I’ll wager the interest is more on the so far uneaten apple turnover! (But you can keep the latté, love). 

Edited by alta-pete

9 hours ago, RuMoore said:

20200919_213234.jpg

Is that rug a family heirloom?

6 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I’ll wager the interest is more on the so far uneaten apple turnover! (But you can keep the latté, love). 

That's not an apple turnover. I'm thinking roll 'n sausage or bacon. Looks like brown sauce on the plate.

On 12/02/2024 at 13:29, Flatulent Gannet said:

Could have popped in to see our two, we are about half a mile from there.

Any time spent in the presence of Millie and Morse together might be enough put anyone off dogs for life.🤣

NGL, seeing some of the young team leave has not been easy. We have 7 in the house at the moment with at least another 3 leaving today. We have managed to find really good homes for them so far, which has made it a bit easier. After spending every day and night with them for over 8 weeks, you get attached. 

20240217_080522.thumb.jpg.9e7dce1489b6cbbcf6487ac274afc64f.jpg

20240217_075057.thumb.jpg.5a20832fb9ec730d477fb590a30e42f1.jpg

20240217_074923.jpg

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

NGL, seeing some of the young team leave has not been easy. We have 7 in the house at the moment with at least another 3 leaving today. We have managed to find really good homes for them so far, which has made it a bit easier. After spending every day and night with them for over 8 weeks, you get attached. 

20240217_080522.thumb.jpg.9e7dce1489b6cbbcf6487ac274afc64f.jpg

20240217_075057.thumb.jpg.5a20832fb9ec730d477fb590a30e42f1.jpg

20240217_074923.jpg

Mrs Empty spoke about breeding before Luna was spayed but I put a stop to that knowing for the fact that we wouldn't be able to let any pups go once it come time.

Just now, Empty It said:

Mrs Empty spoke about breeding before Luna was spayed but I put a stop to that knowing for the fact that we wouldn't be able to let any pups go once it come time.

Mrs Johnnydun is finding it particularly tough. She wanted to keep one as she fell in love and bonded together. But I said no, because we agreed at the start that we couldn't keep any, plus, I asked her;

'If Sprocket and Ava didn't have pups, would you even have considered another dog?'

'No' was the answer.

I'm now being accused of being a dictator and getting called Hitler.

Although she probably doesn't realise, but I do get her and sympathise with her, it really would be lovely to have a puppy from your own 2 dogs, but it's really not manageable to have 3 dogs in our current situation.

On 16/02/2024 at 06:41, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is that rug a family heirloom?

That's not an apple turnover. I'm thinking roll 'n sausage or bacon. Looks like brown sauce on the plate.

It's a roll 'n' link with tomato sauce. Each dog had also had a link too.