SHOW US YOUR DOGS!

Lofarl

I'm not a dog owner, but may I ask you P&B experts something? Today I drove into Rozelle Park in Ayr. The drive way is punctuated by speed bumps which keep you to about 15mph. Three dogs ran across my path, left to right. As I got closer one of the three then crossed, running excitedly, right to left. Then their walker started agitatedly gesturing to my car. It seems that the other two dogs were running very close to the car. She accused me of being in the wrong, driving too quickly. I briefly argued that that wasn't the case. She became abusive.

What do you think, dog loving P&B types?

I'm not a dog owner, but may I ask you P&B experts something? Today I drove into Rozelle Park in Ayr. The drive way is punctuated by speed bumps which keep you to about 15mph. Three dogs ran across my path, left to right. As I got closer one of the three then crossed, running excitedly, right to left. Then their walker started agitatedly gesturing to my car. It seems that the other two dogs were running very close to the car. She accused me of being in the wrong, driving too quickly. I briefly argued that that wasn't the case. She became abusive.
If she can't control her dogs then they should be on a leash near roads, anything else is complete negligence on her behalf.

17 minutes ago, Empty It said:
19 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

If she can't control her dogs then they should be on a leash near roads, anything else is complete negligence on her behalf.

That was my reflected conclusion. Does the fact that the road was in the grounds of a public park change anything?

21 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

That was my reflected conclusion. Does the fact that the road was in the grounds of a public park change anything?

Not a big dog lover but would say that dogs and humans should have right of way in a public park, hence all the speed bumps. Useless dog owners aren't an excuse.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Renton sliced up his nose when harassing some wildlife. I quite like his new pink nose:

BA6D0D04-6C40-4089-92EB-DE2D7043C2FB.jpeg

As I said a few pages ago, Mrs Poz is a big Renton fan, and always asks me ‘is that you on that forum? How’s Renton doing?’

He’s a star.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

As I said a few pages ago, Mrs Poz is a big Renton fan, and always asks me ‘is that you on that forum? How’s Renton doing?’

He’s a star.

You should borrow him one weekend to get in her good books.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You should borrow him one weekend to get in her good books.

Talking of borrowing a dog, I seen there's a website been set up ('borrowmydog', funnily enough) and some of the replies about it are glorious. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Talking of borrowing a dog, I seen there's a website been set up ('borrowmydog', funnily enough) and some of the replies about it are glorious. 

There was (and may still be) a babysitting website where babysitter appeared to be a fairly euphemistic term for the ladies offering their services.