Lets settle this for good...

Please think carefully before voting  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who call if eggy bread are the same kind who call square sausage 'slice' *shudder* and tend to be in the better together camp. They also shag dogs.

No, the kind of people who call it eggy bread are the kind of people who say square sausage: it is bread that is eggy therefore it is eggy bread, it is sausage that is square therefore it is square sausage. People who can't handle the concept of a noun and must have an entirely literal name for everything. They probably call a door 'the rectangular bit of wood' and a toilet 'the funny white thing you shit in'.

Its eggy bread.

Your're all morons.

Best eaten with a slice of cheese melted in between two slices of said eggy bread.

I guess that makes me an inadequate schemey farty paedophile.

^^^^ Worse than Hitler

When we have french toast its HP on the first batch then maple syrup on the second, a sort of main course pudding combo.

Sweet then sour. Stimulating the taste buds from one extreme to the other. I like it. Even though I hate brown sauce. I'll need to find another source of sour. Maybe marmite would be a replacement

The kind of people who use the term "eggy bread" are also those who use the word "bleedin'" as an expletive.

It is, of course, French Toast.

I can eat literally half a loaf of the stuff, particularly if my old dear is on kitchen duties, her French Toast is quite simply the tits.

One slice HP sauce, the next tomato sauce, and so on and so forth. And all washed down with a big f**k off mug of tea.

Heaven. Quite simply heaven.

So the other way round i'm afraid.

And can I just point out to anyone that hasn't made french toast b4, don't use an outsider, it doesn't soak up the egg enough.

Depends on the bread. If you use the doorstep from a plain loaf it works a treat

Depends on the bread. If you use the doorstep from a plain loaf it works a treat

No Brian, that's a waste of egg and an outsider, a thick outsider toasted then punctured liberally with a knife b4 being covered with an even more liberal amount of butter is the only way to respect a thick outsider of plain bread.

No Brian, that's a waste of egg and an outsider, a thick outsider toasted then punctured liberally with a knife b4 being covered with an even more liberal amount of butter is the only way to respect a thick outsider of plain bread.

To be fair I can't argue that it is the best way to consume the doorstep of a plain loaf, and would be my first choice with a nice fresh loaf. But if you choose the wrong end when you open the packet and get the wee scrawny doorstep, by the time you get down the big thick bit the best way to consume it, is a big bit of french toast.

Freshness is crucial for the toasting scenario.

To be fair I can't argue that it is the best way to consume the doorstep of a plain loaf, and would be my first choice with a nice fresh loaf. But if you choose the wrong end when you open the packet and get the wee scrawny doorstep, by the time you get down the big thick bit the best way to consume it, is a big bit of french toast.

Freshness is crucial for the toasting scenario.

It's a pain in the arse when you open up the end with a wee scrawny outsider that is virtually transparent in the middle.

Archived