The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

54 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Good point, I often wonder how long folk take to answer this quiz. I rattle through it in a minute or two. I don't even double check my answers, which has cost me in the past.

I always check to see what the correct answers are but immediately forget as soon as I've done it. I reckon I could check what the correct answers are, do the quiz again 5 minutes later and still not get 10/10.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think that's you promoted. May have worked it out incorrectly.

He is indeed. With three points to spare! While the BHL is all but sorted, still need @WhiteRoseKillie and @The_Kincardine (why the hell would you post the link to the quiz and not take the bloody thing?!) in the Premiership, and @Audaces Fortuna Juvat and @blackislekillie in the SWL. 

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

4/10.

You're supposed to post your score when you post the link.

Thank you.

52 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

He is indeed. With three points to spare! While the BHL is all but sorted, still need @WhiteRoseKillie and @The_Kincardine (why the hell would you post the link to the quiz and not take the bloody thing?!) in the Premiership, and @Audaces Fortuna Juvat and @blackislekillie in the SWL. 

Clearly there's no room for non-conformity under this Cardinal's rule ;)

I got a 7.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Clearly there's no room for non-conformity under this Cardinal's rule ;)

I got a 7.

I hope it wasn't so you could take advantage of any little faux-pas or slip-ups, such as MSU's? :)

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Aye, it must be pure shite getting two 9's in a week and finishing 4th in the world :)

Oh, and a wee gentle nudge to @MSU ... no giving the correct answers away when you're posting your score!

Thanks to Slippery P for his draw - which was performed with the utmost proficiency and professionalism (I hope). The cup quiz will be posted around 4pm this afternoon. 

I consider myself duly nudged. Apologies for that unintentional slip.

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Have you got a link to your show? Or Mr Juvat's?  I won't breath a word to WTM. BTW flirter exists only in French, flirters exists only in your perverted imagination. 

Mine was so long ago that Michael Jackson was still black and Rangers were still winning things. I do have a VHS of my narrow one point defeat to a blaaahdy lawyer though.

A very average six, and that was with the aid of a few guesses.

17 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

I had Sian Lloyd and her magnificent jubblies though.........................

Guess that's 1-1 then. I had Barry Norman and his terrible banter which basically consisted of name-dropping. He told some rambling anecdote just to explain the fact that he once had lunch with Tom Cruise. 

While we're waiting for WRK's score so we can finalise all the promotion / relegation / play-off questions (amazingly WRK is in danger of losing his Premiership status), it's time for Round 2 of the EtADDJJT cup!

The draw was made by Slippery P yesterday. Here's a reminder:

• Frankie S vs Blackislekillie
  • The_Kincardine vs Audaces Fortuna Juvet
  • Leeds Saint vs Madwullie
  • WhiteRoseKillie vs MSU
  • Supermik* vs Deej vs Tynieness
  • Helpma vs Irvine_buddie
  • Cardinal Richelieu vs Eednud
  • Alang1993 vs Cowden0

And here's the two quizzes to take:

http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-12

http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-05-13

PM me your scores before Monday lunchtime... if you're not in the cup, feel free to post your scores but as usual no spoilers (even with the spoilers tag!)

Good luck!!

That's all the scores in (except Irvine Buddie and of course ... Eckthearab ... think I'll have to remove him from the league table next week :unsure:)

In the Premiership, there's a new dog in town (is that a phrase? If not, it should be)... Congrats to MSU who scoops gold, and a smaller but still significant amount of congratulations to Alang1993 who clinches second. Dee_62 and Livi Lion are for the drop with Kincardine in the play-offs. 

1-prem.png.263eced3006cbded6d9bdef280527447.png

Meanwhile, plenty of drama to be found in the SWL. AFJ has romped it with Peasy23 in 2nd with points to spare. Three teams, including my own, vying for the play-off question. But the fickle nature of Quiz Difference has decreed that Eednud finishes 3rd. Equally as thrilling at the bottom of the table ... Swarley returns to the BHL. There are 5 (cinq) teams on 26 points, but our old friend QD has decided that Madwullie is relegated and Welshbairn is in the play-offs. 

2-steal.png.76657bd480962e9439b8709f7f432e4d.png

And in the BHL, Jagfox has romped it - mainly thanks to his perfect 10 at the start of the week. Leeds Saint has scooped second ... and doth mine eyes deceive me ... is that Bully Wee Villa in the play-offs?!?!?!?!? (It is .. again thanks to QD)

3-beazer.png.2c7bfb8ed4065012cf99f45d08ee3ccb.png

So the play-offs! As much as I enjoy the "How much time between 2 major events" type questions, I'm not sure I can handle the opprobrium I received for getting the right answer wrong, so the play-off question for @The_Kincardine vs @Eednud and @welshbairn vs @Bully Wee Villa is....

The last bare-knuckle world heavyweight championship boxing match was between John Sullivan and Jake Kilrain in 1889. In which round did Kilrain lose (by virtue of his trainer "throwing in the sponge") ? ... answers on a postcard by Sunday evening please. 

Btw, was doing a bit of research into the Beazer Homes League... these days it's called the Evo-Stik League Southern and is sponsored by the adhesives company Bostik. The world is truly an amazing place.