The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

In the semi-final reply of the EtADDJJT, it was MSU vs Eednud - both being asked - quite reasonably in my book - to name the top 10 trading partners of Krzy Kryz Kyrz a breakaway Russian republic. 

msu.jpg.20ca8c91a8e8892eb59dbfd82899ab63.jpg

MSU was quite disappointed with his score of 12, but he needn't have worried because...

eednud.thumb.jpg.3936f7d99ec23cfca5f874dba540ebdb.jpg

Eednud was quoted after the match saying 

"7/20 but should have been 10/20 as the stupid thing didn't allow for spelling mistakes. Picked Kazakhstan and Belarus which should have been another 3."

He later confided that he might have been spelling Belarus with an "O",...

Hard lines to Eednud, but congrats to MSU who proceeds to the final this weekend. You can keep your Celtic vs Aberdeen in the Lesser Final, the real competition is Alloa's own MSU vs cup veteran and St Mirren fan Alang1993.

p.s. @jagfox99 ... you've not posted a league score since Monday!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

2 minutes ago, Helpma said:

OK, now that the answers are out .... WTF is Czechia?  Is this a thing now?  I didn't get the memo

It's the new name for the Czech Republic (which it also accepted as a correct answer). Czechia is one of the many things my Czech ex-girlfriend used to get annoyed about (but one of the few she couldn't realistically blame me for).

It's the new name for the Czech Republic (which it also accepted as a correct answer). Czechia is one of the many things my Czech ex-girlfriend used to get annoyed about (but one of the few she couldn't realistically blame me for).

Ex,....caàm3 so
You're the leader ffs get the game your priority.

Only 1 day to go and it's really hotting up in the leagues. 

Alang1993 perfunctory five has slashed his lead at the top of the league but he clings onto 1st place on QD from Cowden0. However, when WRK makes an appearance, things may change. Down below, Kincardine + Helpma will need to up their game on the last day. 

1-prem.png.25ccd0924e771a51b8d1554030f19dc0.png

Tynieness barely needs to do the quiz tomorrow to claim his first SWL medal. Gkneil must be confident of getting promoted, and a whole of host of teams could still end up in either play-off. What's happened to Jagfox? I saw him on another thread :(

2-steal.png.8a093ff634c4ebe4909c6904d4ff5a25.png

Livi Lion and Leeds Saint are also running away with it. Dyl must be shitting his breeks at the possibility of a play-off place though...

3-bhl.png.cae6930f232a75cfcf7dd6ad7af7ff69.png

Commiserations to eednud, but really enjoyed that Sporcle game for the penalties. The addition of a time limit added an element of pressure to proceedings that I found quite fitting for the occasion, regardless of the result. More of them, please.

23 minutes ago, MSU said:

Commiserations to eednud, but really enjoyed that Sporcle game for the penalties. The addition of a time limit added an element of pressure to proceedings that I found quite fitting for the occasion, regardless of the result. More of them, please.

I quite enjoy them as well, although I think Eednud floundered somewhat due to his spellnig misstakes  (though he still would have lost even if he could spell!)... the main problem is that I'm not sure they run on a mobile, and even if they do, you're at a massive disadvantage from a typing point of view. 

I quite enjoy them as well, although I think Eednud floundered somewhat due to his spellnig misstakes  (though he still would have lost even if he could spell!)... the main problem is that I'm not sure they run on a mobile, and even if they do, you're at a massive disadvantage from a typing point of view. 

If I'd known that about mobile disadvantages I would have waited until the morning and cranked up the laptop.