The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

8 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

By sheer chance, I was reading about the Challenger disaster today. I've no idea why, except that it was at work so it automatically qualifies as interesting. 

A sumptuous 7, including both Aussie sport questions. This could be my week. 

I went through a period of watching National Geographic's 'Seconds from Disaster' series a few years back.  Some things stick with you.

1 minute ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Do you tend to go with the lower score or the higher one?

Asking for a friend :whistle

New rule. In the event of you claiming 2 different scores for 1 day, the score will be the larger score minus the lower one. 

That should put this nonsense to bed. 

High time I posted some league tables before the whole thread descends into anarchy. 

Some relatively woeful scores in the top shop. WILLIEA and Cowden0 lead the way, and until MSU clarifies what he actually got on Monday, he's staying on 5. WRK may have committed seppuku in light of his 2...

1-prem.png.059cff64e542e17994bda6bc1178d090.png

Welshbairn has a score that would see him atop the Premiership, with Helpma and me snuggled in tightly behind him. Can't believe Jagfox99 is actually taking a hiatus from the league... still, it means there's only one other relegation place (which Supermik has got his eye on). 

2-steal.png.d8938964151f9522f8b86ed52f2de461.png

And in the BHL, look at the fucking nick of it. 5 (FIVE) teams have gone AOL ... pleaslie99 and NJ are leading the way, and dreams of a first-ever play-off are still alive for Jacksgranda.

3--bhl.png.428aa506dcc1d87db555b9d52e18d3c9.png

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

51 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

High time I posted some league tables before the whole thread descends into anarchy. 

Some relatively woeful scores in the top shop. WILLIEA and Cowden0 lead the way, and until MSU clarifies what he actually got on Monday, he's staying on 5. WRK may have committed seppuku in light of his 2...

1-prem.png.059cff64e542e17994bda6bc1178d090.png

Welshbairn has a score that would see him atop the Premiership, with Helpma and me snuggled in tightly behind him. Can't believe Jagfox99 is actually taking a hiatus from the league... still, it means there's only one other relegation place (which Supermik has got his eye on). 

Had already posted my 7 for Wed the best part of a day ago, Cardinal. Maybe you just got confused by my uncharacteristic punctuality? 

53 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And in the BHL, look at the fucking nick of it. 5 (FIVE) teams have gone AOL ... pleaslie99 and NJ are leading the way, and dreams of a first-ever play-off are still alive for Jacksgranda.

I hate it when posters move over to America Online.  What's wrong with BT?

Here's Thursday's quiz ... 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7813&sectionId=1

Not a bad set of questions at all. Not an antipodean question in sight ... got 7 and changed my answer for the Greek letter question.