The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

For the play-off, I asked the perfectly reasonable question ... how many hours would it take to walk from Kaliningrad to Yekaterinburg. According to Googlemaps, the distance is 2,847 km and it would take you 577 hours. 

For the Premiership play-off ... Eednud vs Welshbairn. 

Eednud failed to read the question and answered "No idea so will say 153 days and probably 2 pairs of shoes" .. however, since I'm a benevolent cardinal, I'm generously going to do his sums for him. 153 x 24 = 3,672 hours. Welshbairn went for a slightly more realistic 385 hours, so the Premiership place is his. 

Meanwhile, the 2 second place quizzers in P+B were going head-to-head for a silver medal. Cowden0 went for 1,000 hours and Tynieness went for 10,000 hours, which has to be one of the worst answers ever given to a quiz question. 10,000 hours??!?  You could walk round the globe in that time. I've a good mind to relegate you to the BHL for that woeful guess. But I'm a benevolent cardinal so I won't. 

So Cowden0 gets the gong. 

Well done to AFJ in the cup. At least one person in Falkirk has 2 braincells to rub together. 

9/10 on the World Cup Quiz... doesn't matter now that I'm out. Good luck to my conquerers Poland in the next round.

Disappointing 6/10 in Tuesday's Aussie Quiz. The way I started off I thought I might finally get that elusive ten, then shat it. 

Maybe one decade. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

For the play-off, I asked the perfectly reasonable question ... how many hours would it take to walk from Kaliningrad to Yekaterinburg. According to Googlemaps, the distance is 2,847 km and it would take you 577 hours. 

For the Premiership play-off ... Eednud vs Welshbairn. 

Eednud failed to read the question and answered "No idea so will say 153 days and probably 2 pairs of shoes" .. however, since I'm a benevolent cardinal, I'm generously going to do his sums for him. 153 x 24 = 3,672 hours. Welshbairn went for a slightly more realistic 385 hours, so the Premiership place is his. 

Meanwhile, the 2 second place quizzers in P+B were going head-to-head for a silver medal. Cowden0 went for 1,000 hours and Tynieness went for 10,000 hours, which has to be one of the worst answers ever given to a quiz question. 10,000 hours??!?  You could walk round the globe in that time. I've a good mind to relegate you to the BHL for that woeful guess. But I'm a benevolent cardinal so I won't. 

So Cowden0 gets the gong. 

Well done to AFJ in the cup. At least one person in Falkirk has 2 braincells to rub together. 

Google are full of nerdy wimps, that's why they calculate walking speed at 3mph. I would have been closer if they were manly outdoor types and I knew where the f**k Yekaterinburg was.

4 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

9 monday 7 tuesday.

The walking question for playoff question was ridiculous.  You would need to rest  sleep, eat  dae a shite so I reckon my guess of 10000 hours was close.

@Cardinal Richelieu

If you only walked for 4 hours a day you'd still have been out by a factor of 3. And that's before you take into account the sedate walking speed proposed by Googlemaps.