The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Or stick with the current system?  Have a keek at my post and see if I got anything wrong.  If not, I'll do a playoff Q.

But then how do I work out the league tables next week when f**k knows how this mental QD system works?

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

But then how do I work out the league tables next week when f**k knows how this mental QD system works?

Cardigan Richard's system was refined over time (from the bonkers if two players are equal the one with the lowest score is promoted) to the prosaically simple one that it is now:.  So if we take this week as an example in the middle league there are 4 of us with 39 points:

qd.thumb.JPG.49301496a5f26cbf2e439cffe2a284fa.JPG

Ross has the highest daily score out of the 4 of us with a 10 so goes ahead of the pack.  BWV* has two 9's so is ahead of Mixu and I.  We two have exactly the same score over the week so would have a playoff before the playoff if we were vying for 4th place.  So the standing would be:  Ross, BWV* with Mixu and I tied.

I'd reckon that's pretty simple.  No?

*BWV has the same club crest as me.  Can we now call him Bluenose Wee Villa?

Cardigan Richard's system was refined over time (from the bonkers if two players are equal the one with the lowest score is promoted) to the prosaically simple one that it is now:.  So if we take this week as an example in the middle league there are 4 of us with 39 points:
qd.thumb.JPG.49301496a5f26cbf2e439cffe2a284fa.JPG
Ross has the highest daily score out of the 4 of us with a 10 so goes ahead of the pack.  BWV* has two 9's so is ahead of Mixu and I.  We two have exactly the same score over the week so would have a playoff before the playoff if we were vying for 4th place.  So the standing would be:  Ross, BWV* with Mixu and I tied.
I'd reckon that's pretty simple.  No?
*BWV has the same club crest as me.  Can we now call him Bluenose Wee Villa?

So we’re looking at playoff questions to decide who makes the playoffs? This is why the cardigan was stood down. Fresh faces, fresh ideas. Streamline, simplify, make our game attractive to new markets and investors.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

So we’re looking at playoff questions to decide who makes the playoffs? This is why the cardigan was stood down. Fresh faces, fresh ideas. Streamline, simplify, make our game attractive to new markets and investors.

Has always been the case!

Has always been the case!

And for too long have the establishment been inflexible and unwilling to listen to the member clubs. This really could be the dawn of a great new era I’m sure you agree.

12 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

And for too long have the establishment been inflexible and unwilling to listen to the member clubs. This really could be the dawn of a great new era I’m sure you agree.

I'm a pragmatist, mate, and just interpreted the rules as we currently know them.  If you think that two up and down (which is pretty fair) with the New, new, new QD being Friday's score (or alphabetical order) to decide then fine.

As long as the rules are well known and applied fairly we'll all buy in to this though I may buy Gold membership and become Aardvark_Kincardine.

Now go ahead and set a Playoff Q.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I'm a pragmatist, mate, and just interpreted the rules as we currently know them.  If you think that two up and down (which is pretty fair) with the New, new, new QD being Friday's score (or alphabetical order) to decide then fine.
As long as the rules are well known and applied fairly we'll all buy in to this though I may buy Gold membership and become Aardvark_Kincardine.
Now go ahead and set a Playoff Q.

As previously advised, no playoff this week due to the ongoing situation. Ask Kelty n Brora about it.
Next week will see the return of the playoff. 2 up, 2 down & playoff - question/s will be set by the honourable Leeds Saint of this very parish. The new x 3 QD will stay in place as it’ll avoid playoffs for playoffs which makes things easier for everyone, and provides clarity for all members.
Ps, someone else will probably need to take it over and can work out it how they find best / easiest when I have to go back to the office but we’ll see.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are right.  The way I read it the up/down results should be:

Big league:  Doon go Alang, geaky and gkneil.  Playoff is helpma

Middle league Up go Leeds Saint, Salvo and The Cardi.  The playoff is actually Ross.  He has 39 points but his 10 puts him ahead of others (inc me) on the same score.  Doon go The Captain, Tiny and LiviLion.  Pleslie is in the playoff of doon.

Wee league:  Up go Cyderspaceman, Mathematics and Blootoon in that order.  Playoff is Spring Ingin

If others can confirm or correct me I'd be happy to do a playoff Q between:

Helpma vs Ross
Pleslie vs Spring Onion

Hawd the bus!!! I hope your next shite is a hedgehog! I dodged the playoffs fair and square then you pop up with this nonsense! I demand a vote of no confidence in the ineptitude of the organising committee! I released all my players at the end of the season as we were announced as safe, I'd need to complete the playoff with the only remaining employees at the club, mary the 65 year old receptionist who cant see and jim the groundsman who's permanently pissed! @SlipperyP I hope your ok, get back soon and sort out this band of blundering fools (I also hope I'm not deducted points for my outburst) 😉

7/10 for Monday. Am I in the playoff or not?

Please ignore the irreverent misgivings from a member club. The board have advised, and repeated, season ending 22nd May 2020 will not be concluded with any playoffs due to exceptional circumstances.
Playoffs will be back in place at the end of this season, probably.