The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Well while the Aussies manage to f**k up something else in this world, I'll return some sanity to the quizzing world with the results of RD1 of the cup.

Goober Bud (4+4) v Leeds Saint (9+7)
Goober Bud fired home consistent 4s in both legs but Leeds Saint's late arrival to the party with a 9 in the 1st leg put the tie to bed. A 7 in the 2nd leg was just for show. Final score 8-16

Ross. (5+5) v SlipperyP (6+4)
A tight affair with slippery taking a narrow 6-5 lead into his home leg. Ross. managed to take the tie to extra time winning the 2nd leg 5-4. Final score 10-10

Welshbairn (6+3) v German Jag (5+6)
Welshbairn won his home leg 6-5 but couldn't cope with the atmosphere at German Jags place and capitulated losing 6-3. Final score 9-11.

Ziggy (6+4) v Dublin Magyar (7+4)
A close affair settled by the single goal. Ziggy fell behind at home. Dublin Magyar sat in and defended his narrow lead in the second leg and even Ziggy throwing useless facts on Lake Titicacca at his opponent couldn't overcome the deficit. Final score 10-11.

Peasy23 (7+4) v Dweezboy (4+5)
Peasy scored a solid 7 in the 1st leg to take a comfortable 3 goal lead into the second leg. A valiant effort from Dweezboy in the return ultimately fell short. Final score 11-9.

AFJ (2+4) v JamesP_81 (6+4)
AFJ didn't even bother to communicate his score, made me hunt it down, now I see why. A pitiful 2 at home meant James had the tie all but done and dusted at half time. 2nd leg was just for show. Final score 6-10

Edmund (8+6) v Wastecoatwilly (8+6)
Nothing could separate these two. Both attacks on top with defence being an afterthought. They need to do it all again in extra time. Final score 14-14.

Cardinal Richelieu (6+3) v gkneil (7+3)
A late showing from gkneil sealed the 1st leg with a last minute winner. Both Defences on top in the 2nd leg but gkneil holds out to go through. Cardi likes the fact losers stay alive in the losers shield, just as well as that's where he's heading. Final score 9-10

BWV (8+6) v Caspian Chris (7+6)
BWV proving that the early bird catches the worm. 1st out the traps and had 8 in the net before Caspian Chris had even woken up. A tight 2nd leg but BWV hold on to progress. Final score 14-13.

Helpma (9+4) v The DA (9+7)
Goals galore in the 1st leg as the fans were treated to 9 a piece. Fan Expectations were high going into the second leg. The DA didn't disappoint and smashed home another 7, Helpma ran out of gas and crashes out. Final score 13-16.

Christophe (4+6) v BigBo10 (3+2)
League leader Christopher was big favourite coming into this one but made life hard for himself with a 4 in the home leg. Fortunately for him BigBo10 had a mare and wants the 10 minutes he spent on the quizzes back. Final score 10-5.

Jacksgrsnda (3+4) v Scotfree (0)
A walk over as Scotfree fails to show for his match leaving his fans disappointed. He later released a statement saying he was taking a few weeks out. We all wish him all the best. Final score 7-0.

MSU (7+6) v Alang1993 (1+4)
Another tie as good as over after the 1st leg. Shangalang1993 leaving himself far too much to do in the 2nd leg and a place in the losers shield beckons. Final score 13-5

Adam101 (5+4) v lincolnhearts (7+8) v dyl (0)
The 1st of the 3 ways (oooh matron) sees 1 team not even show up. Lincoln Hearts with a solid performance in both legs leaves his opponents chasing shadows. Final score 9-15-0.

BIK (8+5) v The Captain (4+5) v Cowden0 (0)
BIK makes home advantage count over his opponents in the 1st leg although 1 didnt turn up. The 2nd leg was a lap of honour as he sees the match home. 13-9-0

Tynierose (8+9) v Salvo Montalbano (9+6) v NJ2 (7+8)
Saving the best till last. A tie with 3 big hitters didn't fail to live up to its billing. Salvo takes a narrow lead into the 2nd leg, tynie with the best performance of the round sneaks into the next round leaving his high scoring opponents in shock. Final score 17-15-15

So 2 ties require extra time. @Ross. v @SlipperyP
and @Eednud v @wastecoatwilly
(Someone tag them please - done) Here's the question. As of right now (24th October 2018 9:30pm) how many articles are on Wikipedia? Answers to me by Friday 9am please.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Well while the Aussies manage to f**k up something else in this world, I'll return some sanity to the quizzing world with the results of RD1 of the cup.

Goober Bud (4+4) v Leeds Saint (9+7)
Goober Bud fired home consistent 4s in both legs but Leeds Saint's late arrival to the party with a 9 in the 1st leg put the tie to bed. A 7 in the 2nd leg was just for show. Final score 8-16

Ross. (5+5) v SlipperyP (6+4)
A tight affair with slippery taking a narrow 6-5 lead into his home leg. Ross. managed to take the tie to extra time winning the 2nd leg 5-4. Final score 10-10

Welshbairn (6+3) v German Jag (5+6)
Welshbairn won his home leg 6-5 but couldn't cope with the atmosphere at German Jags place and capitulated losing 6-3. Final score 9-11.

Ziggy (6+4) v Dublin Magyar (7+4)
A close affair settled by the single goal. Ziggy fell behind at home. Dublin Magyar sat in and defended his narrow lead in the second leg and even Ziggy throwing useless facts on Lake Titicacca at his opponent couldn't overcome the deficit. Final score 10-11.

Peasy23 (7+4) v Dweezboy (4+5)
Peasy scored a solid 7 in the 1st leg to take a comfortable 3 goal lead into the second leg. A valiant effort from Dweezboy in the return ultimately fell short. Final score 11-9.

AFJ (2+4) v JamesP_81 (6+4)
AFJ didn't even bother to communicate his score, made me hunt it down, now I see why. A pitiful 2 at home meant James had the tie all but done and dusted at half time. 2nd leg was just for show. Final score 6-10

Edmund (8+6) v Wastecoatwilly (8+6)
Nothing could separate these two. Both attacks on top with defence being an afterthought. They need to do it all again in extra time. Final score 14-14.

Cardinal Richelieu (6+3) v gkneil (7+3)
A late showing from gkneil sealed the 1st leg with a last minute winner. Both Defences on top in the 2nd leg but gkneil holds out to go through. Cardi likes the fact losers stay alive in the losers shield, just as well as that's where he's heading. Final score 9-10

BWV (8+6) v Caspian Chris (7+6)
BWV proving that the early bird catches the worm. 1st out the traps and had 8 in the net before Caspian Chris had even woken up. A tight 2nd leg but BWV hold on to progress. Final score 14-13.

Helpma (9+4) v The DA (9+7)
Goals galore in the 1st leg as the fans were treated to 9 a piece. Fan Expectations were high going into the second leg. The DA didn't disappoint and smashed home another 7, Helpma ran out of gas and crashes out. Final score 13-16.

Christophe (4+6) v BigBo10 (3+2)
League leader Christopher was big favourite coming into this one but made life hard for himself with a 4 in the home leg. Fortunately for him BigBo10 had a mare and wants the 10 minutes he spent on the quizzes back. Final score 10-5.

Jacksgrsnda (3+4) v Scotfree (0)
A walk over as Scotfree fails to show for his match leaving his fans disappointed. He later released a statement saying he was taking a few weeks out. We all wish him all the best. Final score 7-0.

MSU (7+6) v Alang1993 (1+4)
Another tie as good as over after the 1st leg. Shangalang1993 leaving himself far too much to do in the 2nd leg and a place in the losers shield beckons. Final score 13-5

Adam101 (5+4) v lincolnhearts (7+8) v dyl (0)
The 1st of the 3 ways (oooh matron) sees 1 team not even show up. Lincoln Hearts with a solid performance in both legs leaves his opponents chasing shadows. Final score 9-15-0.

BIK (8+5) v The Captain (4+5) v Cowden0 (0)
BIK makes home advantage count over his opponents in the 1st leg although 1 didnt turn up. The 2nd leg was a lap of honour as he sees the match home. 13-9-0

Tynierose (8+9) v Salvo Montalbano (9+6) v NJ2 (7+8)
Saving the best till last. A tie with 3 big hitters didn't fail to live up to its billing. Salvo takes a narrow lead into the 2nd leg, tynie with the best performance of the round sneaks into the next round leaving his high scoring opponents in shock. Final score 17-15-15

So 2 ties require extra time. Ross. v SlipperyP
and
Edmund v Wastecoatwilly
(Someone tag them please) Here's the question. As of right now (24th October 2018 9:30pm) how many articles are on Wikipedia? Answers to me by Friday 9am please.

Clearly highlights the need for seeding in the early rounds. Not that I'm a bitter loser or anything...

Clearly highlights the need for seeding in the early rounds. Not that I'm a bitter loser or anything...
It was an honour and privilege to be involved in the tie of the round. I don’t think I could have played any better but still not good enough. Go on and win it now Tynie!
It's ok you are both still in.............just in the losers shield.

1 hour ago, BigBo10 said:

2/2. Cardinal needs to send a strongly worded email to the quiz setter. That’s three glaring feck ups in quick succession.

As a practising bush baptist and self appointed emissary to our own sky pilot, the Cardinal, in the land girt by sea I've pointed out the three recent errors of their ways to the silly buggers at The Australian.  

The P+B Australian’s complaint to The Australian:

“Good Morning The Australian

I need to grumble about the on-line version of the Daily Quiz. Within the last week there have been 3 problems.

Last Friday (19 Oct) the on-line quiz was a repeat of a recent quiz.

On Monday (22 Oct) the last question was which country hosted the 1920 Olympics then gave a choice of cities, not countries. To compound the problem your answer was Budapest but it was actually Antwerp, one of the multiple choice answers, that was the host city in 1920 in Belgium.

Now today (25 Oct) there are only 2 questions . This is seriously affecting the title chances and promotion and relegation spots for the participants in the 3 divisions of the Pie and Bovril Quiz league.

Kind regards”

++++++++++++++++

The Australian’s response to the Australian:

Hi Eednud

Thanks for pointing this out.

I will address the issue with the company that provides the quiz to us.

Regards,

Lisa-Ann”

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

I will address the issue with the company that provides the quiz to us.

Talk about slopey shoulders?  They might have outsourced the quiz to a 3rd party but they are still responsible.  Get them telt.  Reputations are at stake.