The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not sure if it is in time (or makes a difference) but I got a 6 for Thursday and a 5 for Friday.

Won't matter mate @Cardinal Richelieumakes up the rules as he goes along to suit his old team agenda.   The level of corruption and bribery on this thread has left me aghast.

I'm considering a purge tbh.   Down with religious, political French types and all that jazz.

24 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Won't matter mate @Cardinal Richelieumakes up the rules as he goes along to suit his old team agenda.   The level of corruption and bribery on this thread has left me aghast.

I'm considering a purge tbh.   Down with religious, political French types and all that jazz.

Cannae ban a mod mate. I know you don't like rules and shit, but even you must know that one. No other c**t is bleating about missing out on an easily-attainable point. 

Anyway - it's been a while, but it's back to league duties. 

It's a full boat in the Premiershit, with the trophy going back to Asia ... Christophe scoops 2nd and down goes the English contingent ... Leeds Saint and Kincardine ... Salvo's late salvo gets him into the play-offs. 

image.png.f00b9e00b176ff927392ec95fb769d26.png

A couple of the SWL teams are still on their holidays and thus, are no longer in the SWL. Down go MSU and DublinMagyar, with Blackislekillie in the play-offs on BNQD. Up top, gkneil and Helpma make it a 1 and 2 for SPFL teams with red badges ... and flying the red flag in the play-offs is our very own BWV. 

image.png.76cd6cac2104d26db856dc8f5c7b728e.png

But the real story has taken place in the BHL. Long time lurker (not the user Longtimelurker, an actual long time lurker) - Mark Connolly has blitzed the BHL on his first attempt. He obviously spent all his time boning up on trivia rather than trying to come up with a snazzy user name   ... a salutary lesson to us all there I feel.  Firstname|Initial|Year of Birth JamesP_81 is promoted, and it's king of the play-off question askerer, Slippers P - who is in the play-offs. 

A special mention to sureiknow who appeared briefly and then disappeared without trace, a bit like his team, Gretna.

image.png.169bd8c804fc05be3ce3f479a8345074.png

So, would anyone like to post a play-off question? ... if so, please post your question and tag the 4 participants and deal with the aftermath (be thankful Tynierose isn't in the play-offs - the guy really is a four letter fellow). 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Well done @Mark Connolly and welcome back @G_Man1985

I wonder if any other old stagers would consider a return @WhiteRoseKillie @DeeMan @jagfox99 @Arabdownunder @Frankie S @Swarley @die hard doonhamer @scotfree etc etc etc 

A couple of them said they cannae commit to it ... hopefully some of the other stalwarts will return to the fold. 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I can see me being like an Elgin. Be in this bottom league forever more.
I've a work mate who plays this also.

Get your mate to join! The more the merrier! And trust me ... posting run-of-the-mill scores weekly makes it all the sweeter when you occasionally have a good run of form. The league needs a strong Elgin City. 

Here’s the play-off question for the play-offees

Doon or up

@Salvo Montalbano  v  @Bully Wee Villa

Up or doon

@blackislekillie  v. @SlipperyP

Raith Rovers, East Stirlinghsire, Third Lanark & Hamilton Accies were all relegated from the old First Division in consecutive seasons in the 1960’s.

What was their combined points total?

DM answers by 24:00 Sunday 6 January 2019 or 08:30 Thailand time Monday 7 January 1019

Edited by Eednud

Well done [mention=37888]Mark Connolly[/mention] and welcome back [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention]
I wonder if any other old stagers would consider a return [mention=37891]WhiteRoseKillie[/mention] [mention=33079]DeeMan[/mention] [mention=1545]jagfox99[/mention] [mention=46627]Arabdownunder[/mention] [mention=35584]Frankie S[/mention] [mention=101]Swarley[/mention] [mention=7957]die hard doonhamer[/mention] [mention=3803]scotfree[/mention] [mention=62563]eckthearab[/mention] etc etc etc 
I will return this week If that's ok? Even though you didn't tag me........

48 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
6 hours ago, Tynierose said:
Well done [mention=37888]Mark Connolly[/mention] and welcome back [mention=17699]G_Man1985[/mention]
I wonder if any other old stagers would consider a return [mention=37891]WhiteRoseKillie[/mention] [mention=33079]DeeMan[/mention] [mention=1545]jagfox99[/mention] [mention=46627]Arabdownunder[/mention] [mention=35584]Frankie S[/mention] [mention=101]Swarley[/mention] [mention=7957]die hard doonhamer[/mention] [mention=3803]scotfree[/mention] [mention=62563]eckthearab[/mention] etc etc etc 

I will return this week If that's ok? Even though you didn't tag me........

I thought I  had. I'm pish.

On 04/01/2019 at 11:16, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Small confession for you lads. The only reason I actually organise the cup is so that I get lots of PMs and impress birds in pubs with how popular I am. 

And with that in mind ... it seems that the Old Guard's late charge has petered out somewhat. 

Jagfox99 10 5 NJ2
die hard doonhamer 3 7 Adam101
Jacksgranda 5 10 Mark Connolly
Swarley 9 9 LincolnHearts
Zen Archer 8 4 BigBo10
Alang1993 9 8 The_Kincardine
KnightswoodBear 8 9 CaspianChris

Old Guard 17.5 - 20.5 Young Whippersnappers ... but there are still TEN ties to play so still all to play for. 

Re: the bonus point.  I'll reveal all on Sunday (and I'll tell you how to get the bonus point lol) .. but basically, only 4 teams so far have managed to RTFQ. 

Just seen this

izcOK4m.gif.c9933aafc1f3fc8490dade0dc7bf6572.gif

Unlucky The_Kincardine

5c31574c7523c_giphy(10).gif.d882639cd386117e998b678198dcfc6f.gif

10 hours ago, alang1993 said:

Just seen this

izcOK4m.gif.c9933aafc1f3fc8490dade0dc7bf6572.gif

Unlucky The_Kincardine

5c31574c7523c_giphy(10).gif.d882639cd386117e998b678198dcfc6f.gif

Yass that's the old guard adding a bit of bite now! Hope you've got double glazing this winter might finnish you off*

* its actually been incredibly mild but whatever

24 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Thinking of ways to spice up the league campaign.

How about on a wednesday its double score day,

Or the winner of leagues gets option to relegate any player in their league, the bottom flight can get option to promote someone instead of whoever finished second in the league.

A monthly cup that @Cardinal Richelieu adds to honours board.

Any other thoughts...

Next you'll be changing the offside rule.