The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I was scrabbling to find the link to the zoom room when the quiz started - so I jut had to do it without any zoomers.  I thought i was suffering from lag, but after about 35 questions I realised you could hit "confirm" to get it to accept your answer.  That discovery didn't noticeably increase the number of bonus points I was earning though.

Well done to BWV, what a phenomenon that man is. 

Edit:  And thanks to His Eminence, good quiz with high production values for  bunch of random strangers off the internet! 

Edited by Helpma

2 minutes ago, Helpma said:

I was scrabbling to find the link to the zoom room when the quiz started - so I jut had to do it without any zoomers.  I thought i was suffering from lag, but after about 35 questions I realised you could hit "confirm" to get it to accept your answer.  That discovery didn't noticeably increase the number of bonus points I was earning though.

Well done to BWV, what a phenomenon that man is.  

😮, took me 50 questions to discover that then.

Edited by Spring Onion

Cheers guys. That was fun. Might do it again in a couple of weeks if you're willing. Here's the final league tables (only top 10 sadly). 

image.thumb.png.7d8e45e0cb88ee4f811bb613bc8791d7.png

Hearty Congratulations to Bully Wee Villa who gets a +1 in his cup column!!!! Well done the Captain for beating DC99 (Tynierose), and well done to Shangalang1993 for giving away one of the questions on the Zoom chat. 

In other news, who the f**k is Big Bad Boris?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Was an enjoyable way to spend half an hour. Thanks for organising and the winner was never in doubt. Well done Bully Wee Villa. Would do that again (if somebody else does the organisation!). My wife wasn’t keen on all of the swearing when I got one wrong.

Edited by kingjoey

6 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Apart from continually submitting an answer only to then realise its multiple choice that was quite enjoyable!

Quite enjoyable. High praise :)

Yeah, that multiple correct answers one ... I didn't realise you had to click submit. I'll probably miss them out next time. They do sort out the men from the boys as the probability of guessing 2 answers correctly is obviously lower than a single answer question. 

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Cheers guys. That was fun. Might do it again in a couple of weeks if you're willing. Here's the final league tables (only top 10 sadly). 

Hearty Congratulations to Bully Wee Villa who gets a +1 in his cup column!!!! Well done the Captain for beating DC99 (Tynierose), and well done to Shangalang1993 for giving away one of the questions on the voice chat. 

Happy to do it again in 2 weeks, I am working & on call next weekend so every answer from me will be f**k off if we do it again then. I get crabbit then.

5 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Hearty Congratulations to Bully Wee Villa who gets a +1 in his cup column!!!! Well done the Captain for beating DC99 (Tynierose), and well done to Shangalang1993 for giving away one of the questions on the voice chat. 

CleanTastyGonolek-small.gif.9356be98487c14f25f66afef99cd4679.gif

Spoiler

IMG_1817.GIF.29372a78c9731ca4cf67d6ee53d5423b.gif.43ab25cdae9adc09dfe699dc2fac8e36.gif

Quite enjoyable. High praise [emoji4]
Yeah, that multiple correct answers one ... I didn't realise you had to click submit. I'll probably miss them out next time. They do sort out the men from the boys as the probability of guessing 2 answers correctly is obviously lower than a single answer question. 
They certainly sort out the folk that read the question from the folk that are going for the quickest answer! Was flying along nicely in the maestro's slipstream untill a few multiple choice ones in quick succession sent me spiralling back into the pack.

8 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
18 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:
Quite enjoyable. High praise emoji4.png

They certainly sort out the folk that read the question from the folk that are going for the quickest answer! Was flying along nicely in the maestro's slipstream untill a few multiple choice ones in quick succession sent me spiralling back into the pack.

Aye, as I was saying to the Zoomers, it's better to just go with your instinct in the first couple of questions (that nets you 8-9 points for a correct answer), rather than pontificate (mon the Pontiff) on the correct answer and only get 2-3 points. 

Which means next one I do, I will DEFINITELY add more trick questions. But cheers to @Perkin Flump (took me a while to tag you until I realised I was typing Merkin Flump) for offering to do the next one. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Aye, as I was saying to the Zoomers, it's almost to just go with your instinct in the first couple of questions (that nets you 8-9 points for a correct answer), rather than pontificate (mon the Pontiff) on the correct answer and only get 2-3 points. 

Which means next one I do, I will DEFINITELY add more trick questions. But cheers to @Perkin Flump (took me a while to tag you until I realised I was typing Merkin Flump) for offering to do the next one. 

I am fairly confident I never said that, trust me you would not like my queations centred around Killie trivia, Gogledd Cymru & the other assorted shite that rumbles round my head.