The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

After a few reasonable scores I've come a gutser with a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock attempt today. A miserable 2/10, knew where the Federal Assembly is and guessed the body part. Q8 AIS = Australian Institute of Sport.  http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=4313&sectionId=1

Same, but guessed AIS.

woo hoo! - my "wonder week" continues with an 8/10 - knew 5, guessed what the bloke was famous for, the athlete of the year and the parliament.  got the first 8 correct and faded badly with guesses on 9 and 10.

9(Nine) out of 10. Knew q1, 2, 3 and 7(had never heard the term in q7, but one of the parts of the name was a big clue to the answer). Educated guess for some of the others, but had no clue with the Australian sport question

Luckily for the rest of us, or you would have got 10, and there would have been no listening to you...

Well done!

Weird mix of scores today, usually they're mostly bunched together.

P.S. I see a few of us oldies didn't do too well, maybe that's it.

Edited by welshbairn

Weird mix of scores today, usually they're mostly bunched together.

P.S. I see a few of us oldies didn't do too well, maybe that's it.

I'm old and I can only put my good run down to an improved return on my guesses this week.  Getting 2 and 3 guesses right each day doesn't half put a gloss on a distinct lack of knowledge!

Just know that my run of 6, 6, 7 & 8 will come crashing down later tonight / early tomorrow!

I dream of a week without a 4! 

Edited by dee_62

I'm old and I can only put my good run down to an improved return on my guesses this week.  Getting 2 and 3 guesses right each day doesn't half put a gloss on a distinct lack of knowledge!

Just know that my run of 6, 6, 7 & 8 will come crashing down later tonight / early tomorrow!

I dream of a week without a 4! 

After today's score I'm dreaming of a week with a 4...

Luckily for the rest of us, or you would have got 10, and there would have been no listening to you...

Well done!

Cheers.I hardly even read the Australian question, as soon as I saw that it was Australia related, I just took a random pick of one of the 4 names I'd never heard of

A barnstorming 7 from the Cardinal. Not bad since at least 4 of the questions were Australian / impossible. 

Quite a non-nugatory score I got, even if I do say so myself.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu