The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

This must be the friendliest thread on P&B. There should be some sort of nobel prize for this!

According to Kincardine, the Pregnancy + Childbirth thread is even friendlier, but I reckon it might be a bit weird posting in there if you don't have children or a pregnant missus!

This must be the friendliest thread on P&B. There should be some sort of nobel prize for this!

We can be right nasty b*****ds at times though, if you take the quiz first and don't post a link.

51 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That's about average for this quiz! You'd nestle yourself very comfortably in mid-table mediocrity position! If you want to post your scores for the week, I'll add you to the league. Eckthearab might even be able to squeeze you into the cup if you'd like!

Cheers I'll start from Monday 8). Actually got a 6 in todays one after just saying I never do.. but that was including getting the dubious Australia to Fiji one correct so dunno if that would have counted.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

An oasis of calm and good manners in an, at times, troubled P&B forum.  I like it...bigly. 

And so here it is, the new months Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy first round. And such is the clamour to join the friendliest league in the land I'm gonna have to rejig the draw. The best and most fair way I can do this is to drop myself out of this months cup an allow Irvine_Buddie entry in my place. So instead of going through the whole draw again which means lots of typing on my predictive text mad phone, I will just say to Irvine_Buddie, you are up against Dee62. Anyone needing a reminder of their opponent then please refer back to the draw or ask when PMing your scores. So now to refresh the rules for the new player/s. 2 quizzes of 7 questions. PM your scores for both ie. 3+4, to me no later than 9am Monday morning.
And so its that time, let's crack on with th quiz

http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-02-19
http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-02-28

3 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

And so here it is, the new months Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy first round. And such is the clamour to join the friendliest league in the land I'm gonna have to rejig the draw. The best and most fair way I can do this is to drop myself out of this months cup an allow Irvine_Buddie entry in my place. So instead of going through the whole draw again which means lots of typing on my predictive text mad phone, I will just say to Irvine_Buddie, you are up against Dee62. Anyone needing a reminder of their opponent then please refer back to the draw or ask when PMing your scores. So now to refresh the rules for the new player/s. 2 quizzes of 7 questions. PM your scores for both ie. 3+4, to me no later than 9am Monday morning.

would have been happy with a 3-way if you want to keep yourself in?

1 minute ago, eckthearab said:

I'm not having that!!!! Why can't you just have a three way draw between you, Irvine Buddie and Dee62?

6 minutes ago, eckthearab said:

Cheers dude, and with that I will reinstate myself so that your desire for a ménage et troise can be achieved emoji6.png. Will PM my score to Cardy as per

Do I PM my 14/14 score to Cardy too or just to you? ;) 

Edited by dee_62

Well what an exciting week that was. Tens and zeroes all over the shop. Questions with wrong answers which affected the title race. Not to mention Eckthearab throwing himself on his sword and me threatening to delete the thread.

In the end, the title was always going to be between AFJ and Frankie, with a surfeit of previous champions falling by the wayside. In the end, Frankie takes the title due to the "QM is always right even if they're quite plainly not" rule. Hard luck AFJ! Downstairs, Welshbairn and Eck join their chums in the BHL, and previous champ Deej finds himself in play-off hell.

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 Frankie S 2x© 4x② 9 9 8 8 6 40
2 Audaces Fortuna Juvat 3x② 7 10 7 7 8 39
3 WhiteRoseKillie 11x© 3x② 6 10 9 5 4 34
4 Scotfree 1xBZ 7 6 7 7 6 33
5 WILLIEA 2x© 6 7 7 6 6 32
6 Cowden0 1xBZ 8 7 5 7 4 31
7 The_Kincardine   7 7 6 5 6 31
8 Arabdownunder 3x© 1x② 7 5 6 7 5 30
9 Jagfox99 2xBZ 6 7 5 6 4 28
10 Tynieness 2x© 1x② 1xBZ 6 6 4 5 6 27
11 Alang1993 7x© 3x② 1xBZ 0 6 4 10 7 27
12 Eednud 4x② 2xBZ 5 5 6 5 5 26
13 pleslie99 1xBZ 4 7 3 6 6 26
14 Deej 1x© 4x② 1xBZ 3 7 6 4 5 25
15 Welshbairn 1xBZ 6 5 3 6 4 24
16 Eckthearab 6x② 1xBZ 5 3 7 3 5 23

Down in the Beazer, congats to MSU who gains his first title on quiz difference, although Peasy23 also gains promotion. And Supermik just did enough to hang on to the play-off spot on quiz difference.

Position Team Trophy Cabinet Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Total
1 MSU 1xBZ 6 9 6 7 4 32
2 Peasy23   8 7 5 6 6 32
3 Supermik   7 6 5 5 4 27
4 Livi Lion   3 6 7 7 4 27
5 Leeds Saint 1x© 2x② 6 6 3 6 5 26
6 Ross.   5 8 3 6 3 25
7 Blackislekillie 3xBZ 7 3 4 5 6 25
8 gkneil   4 7 4 5 5 25
9 SlipperyP   5 5 5 7 2 24
10 Bully Wee Villa 1x© 5 6 1 6 5 23
11 Cardinal Richelieu 2xBZ 4 4 4 4 7 23
12 Die Hard Doonhamer   5 5 4 5 3 22
13 Jacksgranda   7 2 5 4 4 22
14 Dee_62   5 5 3 4 5 22
15 BigBo10   7 5 2 5 2 21
16 Swarley   5 5 3 5 3 21
17 Dee Man   4 4 3 5 3 19
18 Gman_1985   2 8 3 1 3 17

So a tie-break question for @deej and @supermik that you might be able to work out (had it in a pub quiz recently and got accused of cheating for getting the answer spot on) .... on a standard British Monopoly board, what is the total cost for buying ALL the properties?

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Shouldn't you be above me as you scored a 7 but my best effort scored 6?

Yes, but I normally can't be arsed moving teams about unless it's actually for something (e.g. promotion). You deserve it anyway sweetcheeks. 

A very early kick-off to the play-off between Deej and Supermik. I asked the total value of all the properties in Monopoly. 

Deej went for £5,050 and Super "Never having played Monopoly for about 30 odd years I have no idea" Mik £38,000. 

The correct answer was 120 + 220 + 540 + 560 + 680 + 800 + 920 + 750 + 800 + 300 = £5,690. 

Deej was closer so he retains his Premiership status... hardlines to Supermik but your players can hold their heads up high!

Edit: Nobody spotted my mistake. It's actually 320, not 220 and the answer is £5,790. What a cad. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu