The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

You'll fit in fine here :) ... do you want the link to the rest of the week's courses or would you rather just do this?

giphy.gif

Im already hiding in a bush, I will have the link. 

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Im already hiding in a bush, I will have the link. 

Thank you.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz-archive

Don't be put off by all the Aussie questions! There's a few of us who do the quiz who live there, but strangely it doesn't seem to do them much good!

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz-archive

Don't be put off by all the Aussie questions! There's a few of us who do the quiz who live there, but strangely it doesn't seem to do them much good!

Cant get the archive, or maybe I have broken it? Just news stories.

4 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

7/10 Knew 4. Lennox Lewis is older than I thought he was

No posting hints! (unless I've not yet taken the quiz). 

Just awaiting one result from @jagfox99 and then I can finalise the league tables. But just to give you a wee taste of things to come, shit's about to get real.

Re: using the Saturday quiz for the tie-break question. There is some doubt as to whether it actually exists or not. The other problem is that there is more likely to be a tie with another quiz than with a question like "How many words in the Bible?" type question. 

Barring any more f**k-ups, I'll post the cup quiz before I clock off for the night (I'm certainly not doing it on my own time :) )

15 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

No posting hints! (unless I've not yet taken the quiz). 

Just awaiting one result from @jagfox99 and then I can finalise the league tables. But just to give you a wee taste of things to come, shit's about to get real.

Re: using the Saturday quiz for the tie-break question. There is some doubt as to whether it actually exists or not. The other problem is that there is more likely to be a tie with another quiz than with a question like "How many words in the Bible?" type question. 

Barring any more f**k-ups, I'll post the cup quiz before I clock off for the night (I'm certainly not doing it on my own time :) )

5/10 worth the wait...

Cheers Jaggy... right - that's Week 5 of the New League done and dusted. And what an exciting league it's been. New names on the silverware, a new team, and a disbelief that Alang1993 managed to be in 2nd place throughout the week then get a 0 on the last day and Hibs it. Kudos.

So in the Premiership, Congrats to pleslie99 who ends up winning the league with aplomb. As current cup champion as well, is there a new force to be reckoned with? Frankie S scoops his 7th 2nd place - a record in itself. Down below, Tynieness gets his first taste of relegation alongside Eednud - with WRK narrowly avoiding the play-offs via QD (or rather new QD) ... Peasy23 will play-off instead. 

1-prem.png.5cb0fd34251f03dbf2f3d30a75fb6f51.png

In the SWL, hearty confabulations to Kincardine who despite being in the league since its inception - has managed to scoop his first trophy. Well done, too, to Helpma who has achieved his lifetime ambition (I'm guessing here) of playing top-flight football next season. Gkneil is in the play-offs. It's a sorry tale at the other end of the league, so pathetic scoring from Livi Lion and me consigns us to the dustbin league. Leeds Saint is in the play-off...

2-steal.png.d5b49777381304d1555f50da5c57720e.png

But it's down in the BHL that the real excitement lies. Both madwullie and SlipperyP are promoted, but there can only be one champion. Again, there'll be a new name on the trophy this evening (if all the answers come in by this evening). So they'll need to answer the play-off question to decide the champion. Ross. is in the play-offs to get promoted. And a warm welcome to Johnnydun ... unbelievably, the beaks made him play all 5 fixtures one after the other, so it's no wonder that his first week in the league wasn't a successful one. 

3-bhl.png.9b401a1a1ac6829e3f2aff9b0b65d19a.png

So here are the play-off fixtures...

And the question is a simple one... what's the US record for the Men's 100km walk in athletics?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Play off answer submitted with a frightening level of pace. A bit like those walkers.

f**k UP ALERT. f**k UP ALERT. 

Seems I've made a minor bish with this one... the record I was looking the US men's record, rather than the world record (which I can't actually seem to find). So I'm looking for the American 100km walk record (which may well be the world record)... 

Doubt it will make much difference to your answer, but I'll let you re-submit if you like. 

Thank you for that warm welcome Cardinal.

Sticking to the Scottish football theme of not helping out the members and making me play all my rounds with no chance of rest and recuperation, it has had the desired effect. So as is tradition, I shout "conspiracy", it falls on deaf ears and we all move on.

Thank you.