The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

On 24/08/2017 at 13:15, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Here's some more league tables. Frankie S could probably take Friday off and still win. What's happened to @The_Kincardine ...

School holidays.  I've been to Brussels, London and Brighton with my older two and had a terrific time.

Happy to be in the seaside league and enjoy the journey...

You do it, then you can be where you want. And setting the questions will give you a distinct advantage.

Would do but I'm on holiday end of month so wouldn't be able to commit to it.

But the first round would be "public houses of the West Midlands".

School holidays.  I've been to Brussels, London and Brighton with my older two and had a terrific time.

Glad you're back. Was worried. [emoji106]

You do it, then you can be where you want. And setting the questions will give you a distinct advantage.

Would do but I'm on holiday end of month so wouldn't be able to commit to it.

But the first round would be "public houses of the West Midlands".

Glad you're back. Was worried. [emoji106]

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

So worried you posted it twice.  Are you my maw?

Your maw asked me to say that she's glad you're ok but it would be better not to visit until after lunchtime tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Your maw asked me to say that she's glad you're ok but it would be better not to visit until after lunchtime tomorrow.

:lol: She'll be 90 on Sep 4th and the weans and I will drive up for her birthday.  Shall I book an extra place for you?

As a BTW...Tesco 'down here' are now stocking jars of marinated herring (which we've discussed before) and we had a couple of jars this evening and they were excellent.  Every bit as good as you'd get in Sweden.  Look out for them in a supermarket near you...

Congratulations to Frankie who has scooped his lucky 7th Premiershipness. And well done to Cowden0 who claims his first second trophy.

Down at the bottom, Pickled_Herring has brought the league into disrepute and is relegated (I was considering stripping him of all his trophies but then I realised he's only got one and I felt sorry for him). Peasy23 is down as well... And WhiteRoseKillie has officially "had a mare" and is in the play-offs. 

1-prem.png.19ef85e84f29396c14723956d8d6fbea.png

In the SWL, pleslie99 becomes one of only 5 teams who has achieved the Grand Slam (all four medals). Deej pips Leeds Saint on quiz difference. Nearer the bottom, LiviLion has disappeared and is relegated alongside Ross, with Slippery P slippering into the play-offs. 

2-steal.png.54b4ad177780da9f807372a0f4b28a7b.png

And in the BHL, The_Captain literally "phoned in his performance" and is promoted alongside his mate AFJ. Nothing dodgy happening there. Heartbreak for Jacksgranda who is beaten into 4th by Dee_62. 

3-beazer.png.46b028c57c50e9e79399e41cf3e43276.png

For the first time in league history, the play-offs have attracted some sponsors!!!

First, excitement is brewing in Yorkshire...

2613.jpgas Yorkshire Tea are promoting the Yorkshire derby between @WhiteRoseKillie and @Leeds Saint

And in Forfarshire... The Guide Dog Centre has thrown their charity status in the bin and has decided to sponsor...

ForfarGDTSs.jpg ..the Forfar derby between Slippery Pand @dee_62

So to mark an extra special derby weekend, I have an extra special Derby question. PM me your answer to the following question by Monday lunchtime. 

In which year was the Epsom Derby first run?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Bollocks. Was sure LivlLion was going to dinghy it :). He's finished mid-table, Slippery P is now relegated and the SWL play-off is between @Dyl and @dee_62 ... The Guide Dogs for the Blind have withdrawn their sponsorship as well!

But the question still stands, in which year was the Epsom Derby first run?

1 minute ago, dee_62 said:

DM in but just seen its not slippery that'll be beating me this time. Good luck Dyl.

Why do people wish people good luck in something that they presumably want to win?! It's the same in poker... you go all in with a shite hand, the guy is sitting there with pocket aces, then you fluke victory and he growls at you across the table :lol:

Why do people wish people good luck in something that they presumably want to win?! It's the same in poker... you go all in with a shite hand, the guy is sitting there with pocket aces, then you fluke victory and he growls at you across the table :lol:

This is a friendly thread...remember?

(Really I'm desperate for promotion and hope Dyl is out of Internet range all weekend). I'll be a seething mess for at least 24 hours if I lose.

Is that better?

10 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Down at the bottom, Pickled_Herring has brought the league into disrepute and is relegated (I was considering stripping him of all his trophies but then I realised he's only got one and I felt sorry for him).

Anyone shortening this moniker to just 'pickled' will be consigned to The Juniors section for a month.  The big Cardi has the power to do it too ;)

Edited by The_Kincardine

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Anyone shortening this moniker to just 'pickled' will be consigned to The Juniors section for a month.  The big Cardi has the power to do it too ;)

"Done a herring" should be code for being late posting scores imo.