Ian Watkins

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, those people in general with their well written, clearly thought out views. If I'd known it was them, I'd have listened to them earlier.

So you think there isn't other people with the same views as myself? This is spoken about alot, and if people think that someone deserves a life seeing their friends and reltives, getting fed and watered, communicating with people etc after brutally killing inncoent people then I just do not get that. But everyones different I suppose. :rolleyes:

So you think there isn't other people with the same views as myself? This is spoken about alot, and if people think that someone deserves a life seeing their friends and reltives, getting fed and watered, communicating with people etc after brutally killing inncoent people then I just do not get that. But everyones different I suppose. :rolleyes:

Of course there's other people with the same views as you. I doubt they can lace their shoes in the morning but they definitely exist.

And I am not saying it is a nice place, but they are hardly getting what they deserve after what they have done to other peoples lives, 3 mels a day, good medical care, communication with other people, seeing their friends and family. They dont deserve to have any of that in my opinion.

Communication with other people will hardly be on top of the likes of Watkin's agenda, given what he's guilty of. Also, I'd imagine that his family and friends will distance themselves from him.

In terms of your average prisoner, it isn't all fun and games. People will often refer to the whole "oh but they get TVs and stuff" but it isn't that simple. A lad I knew from school got locked up for a wee spell and its changed his line of thought (fortunately). Losing your personal freedom is bad enough, especially when you're being told lights out at 9pm at night. You might get a TV, but is it really enjoyable to watch Jeremy Kyle each and every day without fail? This on top of the constant threat of getting your head kicked in by some nutter.

Communication with other people will hardly be on top of the likes of Watkin's agenda, given what he's guilty of. Also, I'd imagine that his family and friends will distance themselves from him.

In terms of your average prisoner, it isn't all fun and games. People will often refer to the whole "oh but they get TVs and stuff" but it isn't that simple. A lad I knew from school got locked up for a wee spell and its changed his line of thought (fortunately). Losing your personal freedom is bad enough, especially when you're being told lights out at 9pm at night. You might get a TV, but is it really enjoyable to watch Jeremy Kyle each and every day without fail? This on top of the constant threat of getting your head kicked in by some nutter.

The-Monty-Python-team-try-001.jpg

Luxury.

Feel I am maybe getting a bit of a raw deal here, from the reaction my posts have been getting maybe I am coming across more extreme than I thought I was and maybe I am letting my anger and feelings take over a bit too much, but just hate how that innocent young bloke was brutally murdered and his family will have to deal with it their whole lives while the two of them go about getting looked after in prison day in day out.

I am maybe a bit naive too but just trying to explain my feelings on the matter. I do recognise the death penalty is a horrible barbaric thing like I said in one of my first posts, I do get that, I get that everyone is human and taking a life is a big thing, I think I am just appalled with some of the shocking crimes I have seen lately and let my feelings take over.

I am honestly not a violent person at all and calling me thick is very harsh too, think my anger at what has happened has taken over my thought process and I am being a tad silly.

Too easy to write things on social networks these days. :ph34r:

I read it too, really grim stuff.

The kids are going to grow up having no proper recollection of the events, new identities, new families etc etc. All that's very well and good but somewhere down the line they'll find out what happened to them.

f**k knows how they will feel or what they will do when that day happens. You can't even imagine what that would be like.

I haven't read the full story yet just bits and bobs but why would the kids get new identities and new families? I'm pretty sure the fathers or even grandparents of the kids would have custody before anyone else.

Feel I am maybe getting a bit of a raw deal here, from the reaction my posts have been getting maybe I am coming across more extreme than I thought I was and maybe I am letting my anger and feelings take over a bit too much, but just hate how that innocent young bloke was brutally murdered and his family will have to deal with it their whole lives while the two of them go about getting looked after in prison day in day out.

I am maybe a bit naive too but just trying to explain my feelings on the matter. I do recognise the death penalty is a horrible barbaric thing like I said in one of my first posts, I do get that, I get that everyone is human and taking a life is a big thing, I think I am just appalled with some of the shocking crimes I have seen lately and let my feelings take over.

I am honestly not a violent person at all and calling me thick is very harsh too, think my anger at what has happened has taken over my thought process and I am being a tad silly.

Too easy to write things on social networks these days. :ph34r:

I look at it more like a mercy killing. Similar to what you do with your dog when it has cancer or some other incurable illness.

The guy has no comprehension on how to behave and what is acceptable to society.

I look at it more like a mercy killing. Similar to what you do with your dog when it has cancer or some other incurable illness.

The guy has no comprehension on how to behave and what is acceptable to society.

How humanitarian of you. Thank goodness you're here to make us all more human and civilised by deciding which people should be executed.

Revenge is a human emotion, I think its understandable. I don't think it should be part of the criminal justice system. We put people in prison to punish them, to protect the public and to rehabilitate the offenders. In Watkins case, and most of the others in Wakefield, rehabilitation isn't on the agenda. It is right that he should be punished, by being imprisoned. The fact that he is imprisoned also protects us from him.

Its pretty obvious that in some cases the death penalty would act as a deterrent - if they introduced hanging for jumping red lights I bet significantly fewer people would jump red lights. However, for crimes like Watkins would this have had any impact? I don't think it would. Carrying out assault in the manner he did, I don't think he sat down and thought "I'll get 25 years for this but at least I won't hang". He obviously didn't expect to be caught and even if he had, the act in itself is so extreme that I doubt he weighed it up rationally. Most murders aren't meticulously planned with people weighing up the consequences. In a lot of cases its a fight or a moment of anger. That isn't influenced by detterence of the death penalty.

How humanitarian of you. Thank goodness you're here to make us all more human and civilised by deciding which people should be executed.

Wow, how condecending. Of course your opinion is much more important than mine. :rolleyes:

Every day people are making decisions on who lives and who dies. Sometimes for medical, financial or other reasons. To bury your head in the sand and assume that everyone has an equal right to life is extremely naive.

Wow, how condecending. Of course your opinion is much more important than mine. :rolleyes:

Every day people are making decisions on who lives and who dies. Sometimes for medical, financial or other reasons. To bury your head in the sand and assume that everyone has an equal right to life is extremely naive.

Some opinions are more important than other people's, because sometimes other people's opinions are incredibly stupid.

So you think these kids should just carry on like nothing has happened? You don't see any kind of issue with that?

That wasn't really my point. My point was why should these kids be separated from their fathers and grandparents when the kids have done nothing wrong.

edit- nor the fathers or grandparents fault.

Revenge is a human emotion, I think its understandable. I don't think it should be part of the criminal justice system. We put people in prison to punish them, to protect the public and to rehabilitate the offenders. In Watkins case, and most of the others in Wakefield, rehabilitation isn't on the agenda. It is right that he should be punished, by being imprisoned. The fact that he is imprisoned also protects us from him.

Its pretty obvious that in some cases the death penalty would act as a deterrent - if they introduced hanging for jumping red lights I bet significantly fewer people would jump red lights. However, for crimes like Watkins would this have had any impact? I don't think it would. Carrying out assault in the manner he did, I don't think he sat down and thought "I'll get 25 years for this but at least I won't hang". He obviously didn't expect to be caught and even if he had, the act in itself is so extreme that I doubt he weighed it up rationally. Most murders aren't meticulously planned with people weighing up the consequences. In a lot of cases its a fight or a moment of anger. That isn't influenced by detterence of the death penalty.

This all day long, people forget this far too often.

Archived