Only An Excuse 2013 .... 14

Ned Nederlander

Incredibly exciting stuff revealed here.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/tv-radio/only-excuse-susan-boyle-faces-2965816

Old favourites like Sir Alex Ferguson and Frank McAvennie will return and nothing is off limits – no matter who gets offended.

Jonathan said: “We don’t make any decision not to upset fans of the Old Firm too much – a good joke will always hurt someone."

Even when they address something interesting the writing is pish. And NONE of the ways they address the Old Firm are 'good jokes'. Tired pathetic one-liners would be a better description.

National treasure Susan Boyle

oh do f**k right off :lol:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to Lawell getting interviewed at a desk at hampden and saying something like "run Scottish football? No no, people who think that blah blah blah" as camera pans back to reveal a set which infers he runs Scottish football with an anti rangers bias, maybe some witty anti rangers wall chart... queue canned laughter.

I look forward to Lawell getting interviewed at a desk at hampden and saying something like "run Scottish football? No no, people who think that blah blah blah" as camera pans back to reveal a set which infers he runs Scottish football with an anti rangers bias, maybe some witty anti rangers wall chart... queue canned laughter.

Are you one of the writers? That's an OAE sketch in a nutshell.

A large part of the problem is that a large percentage of viewers are OF fans who struggle to name any 'diddy team' players so I guess that the BBC think that they wouldn't get many of the jokes if they branched out, hence the need for McAvennie and even Subo (who's even a Celtic fan FFS).

There'll probably be a sketch featuring a mock riot in Amsterdam before the camera pans round to show McAvennie slipping out the door of a hookers booth with a toothy grin on his puss.

That would actually be quite good in a Fast Showesque sort of way! At least it would have some present day relevance.

There must be very few people on this site who can truthfully say that they have seen Dennis Law play a game of league football, (I have), let alone even remember him at Torino. (Even I wasn't born then).

Why do they keep trotting out the same patter about him every year?

Well we can only live in hope that it's not another botched attempt at humour reliant on football people who's heyday was in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

For present day relevance though, I'd like to see Jonathon Watson do a take on somebody like Luis Suarez. Somebody that's truly a household name and always controversial.

Or maybe a sketch along the lines of Derek Riordan and Gary O'Connor trying to sign-on at the Job Centre, but being such well known arseholes and wasters, even the dole won't sign them! :D

Now that would be funny! :lol: :lol:

There must be very few people on this site who can truthfully say that they have seen Dennis Law play a game of league football, (I have), let alone even remember him at Torino. (Even I wasn't born then).

Why do they keep trotting out the same patter about him every year?

I reckon it's because they don't want to upset Torino supporters and because Torino supporters couldn't name any diddy team players.

^^^ Yeah, cos that'd be really, really, really likely to be on it...? Your above effort is jobbies, and you've just made an arse of trying to be flicking funny. Recycling loads of other folks patter or stick which is months & months old is not only unfunny, it's very dull and boring. Better luck next year. I wish you luck with the quest to be 'Funny-in-'14' Have a good Hogmanay and a hap... Funny New Year.

:lol:

At least he hasn't upset you there.

^^^Yeah, cos that'd be really, really, really likely to be on it...?Your above effort is jobbies, and you've just made an arse of trying to be flicking funny.Recycling loads of other folks patter or stick which is months & months old is not only unfunny, it's very dull and boring. Better luck next year.I wish you luck with the quest to be 'Funny-in-'14'Have a good Hogmanay and a hap... Funny New Year.

:lol:

Jobby picker and flicker

I'm part of the problem, as I have it set to record, in the vain hope it raises so much as a titter. However, you can guarantee the following

Graeme Souness "Can I just say something here....."

Dennis Law "Well, you know, as I say....."

Jim White on something to do with his love for Rangers

Chico "The true blues. The Queens XI. The teddy bears..." (when everyone knows he's a St Mirren fan)

Alan McInally "Good good great great friend/ when I played in Munich for Bayern in Munchen)

Alex Ferguson "Oh pwoud pwoud, vewy pwoud"

Topped off with the usual Macca scene making a pun out of having relations with a female.

I predict it will feature ALL of the above.

Same old shite as usual but we'll all watch on the off chance it'll be good. It won't be though and we'll do this all again next year, it's tradition.

Indeed.

I predict I'll be utterly disgusted with it and myself if I watch it tonight.

But, tradition, ken.

Archived